Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Martin Keown thinks Martin Tyler was biased in his commentary

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was highly amusing watching the faces of Neville, Viera and Keane, 3 very tough no nonsense players listen to Micah Richards trying to make a case that Kiwior on losing his boot was fouled for our first goal.

Micah Richards was also smirking - I got the impression he had drawn a pre-arranged short straw to try to make a case that a boot coming off was a foul.
"You can't jump with no boot on*" was the most ridiculous, but hilarious, line he came out with :lolol:

*Or something like that

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Keown now criticises RDZ for his antics on the touch line……as if Arteta is a saint ….what a tit
Only one of the managers got a yellow card, too. I guess it's more PL corruption!

I'm guessing part of this might be a) typical Talkshite divisive chat and/or b) Keown trying to take the heat off the Arsenal players who seemed to go missing in the second half.

To be fair, I quite like Keown – much better than that berk Souness he replaced. I wonder what he thought about yesterday's performance?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was highly amusing watching the faces of Neville, Viera and Keane, 3 very tough no nonsense players listen to Micah Richards trying to make a case that Kiwior on losing his boot was fouled for our first goal.

Micah Richards was also smirking - I got the impression he had drawn a pre-arranged short straw to try to make a case that a boot coming off was a foul.
Richards is a bit of a village idiot. Giggling and behaving like a Buffon throughout his punditry. Days of Lawro, Hansen and Lynam are well gone sadly. Richards just needs a jesters hat to complete the look. Annoying but also amusing at times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amazing - as someone pointed out on here he seemed incredibly low key with all our goals. Can’t remember if that’s his style but he seemed almost annoyed. To the point I was waiting for a flag or something each time…!
It's almost as if he'd already watched us in North London, this season.

As an aside, with TS' entire output driven by very loud clickbait content, it is surprising just how much of it turns up here.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I see numerous comments from fans of every club convinced that Tyler hates their team scoring. Every week without fail. Every fanbase thinks he's got it in for them. I think it's probably that he just sounds like that now.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I see numerous comments from fans of every club convinced that Tyler hates their team scoring. Every week without fail. Every fanbase thinks he's got it in for them. I think it's probably that he just sounds like that now.
Yeah but no.

I think he's past it. By at least a decade. He needs putting out of his misery.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Suck it up Keown and have a go at the chokers you support, what a twat

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Colin Pates and Martin Keown, both ex Gooners and Albion players, big difference is Pates was class, Keown was a big donkey.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Tyler still wishes it was the late-eighties and Mirandinha being almost the only foreigner "with the fancy flicks from Brazil" when in fact he was shite and never passed to his teammates. 😄😄

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here