Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Kelly???

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Why would he want to go to a sh!thole when he could come to Brighton, except for the extra money and Premier League? Ok maybe I answered myself :(

The fact that a city/town is a sh!thole is irelavent. For a player, its all about money foremost and of course, the stature of the club. Look at the mass of clubs in the North West? Lots of less than desirable holes in that part of the world, but all are within convenient commuting distance of Alderley Edge or some pleasant sandstone built village in the Pennines.

Same principal applies down these ere parts. How many Palace players live within the municipal boundary of Croydon? I've no idea for certain, but I'd wager the odds for zero would be very short. Or when 'super pompey' had all their superstars that the fans deserved? Its a safe bet most of them lived nearer to Sandbanks than Southsea.

Both horrible places, but that has never been a factor in players joining those clubs.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm resigned he's going to Sunderland. And I don't even know if he's going to be sold yet (see below). Goddamn these windows!!! Interview today.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-martin-kelly-vows-7484582

“I’m still a Liverpool player so I think the opportunity to establish myself in the team could be just around the corner. That’s what football is like,” Kelly added.

“I’m still only 24. I don’t really look into the future too far. I know I’ve still got at least 10 years left in my career.

“Wherever that is, as long as I’m enjoying my football that is all that matters.

“It’s vital for me to get back to the place I was at when Brendan first came in. To do that I need to be playing games week in week out.

“This pre-season is a massive opportunity for someone like myself. My ability hasn’t gone, it’s fitness what I need. There is no better chance than pre-season to get those games.

I’ve not had a conversation with the manager about my future yet. I’ve just concentrating on my own game and trying to take every opportunity that I’m given.

“Look at what happened with Flanno last season. Massive credit to him for sticking in there and waiting for his chance. He was given it and took it in his stride.

“He’s been a breath of fresh air for the side and hats off to him. He’s one of my close friends in the team and I’m made up for him.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here