Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Kelly to palace 1.5 million

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've done really well haven't we with the £8 million from Ulloa.....weve really got some great players

****!
So it is September, right oh I'll just go and turn my calendar over.

***I'm in no way saying the squad will look better in Sept, just that's the time to 'panic' about things completely beyond our control***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've done really well haven't we with the £8 million from Ulloa.....

We lost £14 million last season so that will help to offset that so that we can beat FFP penalties. If you have a million a month to spare then maybe you should contact Tony Bloom.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He wasn't that far off the England squad that long ago. To pick him up for £1.5m is an astounding bit of business when you consider the premium there is attached to young, English players

SDG

May 26, 2014
I heard from a very reliable source that they offered Caulker £70k a week. Dreamland for us right now

Your "reliable" source is wrong.

No-one is on over 40k a week, and they don't want to cause the usual problems.

Money to spend elsewhere first!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Gutted to see him end up at palace. Good business for them but if he can get the games and stay fit I would expect him to move onwards and upwards pretty soon.
At his age he wants PL football and ofc the beniifits that go with it. They will love him.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
He wasn't that far off the England squad that long ago. To pick him up for £1.5m is an astounding bit of business when you consider the premium there is attached to young, English players

Because he's an very injury prone defender, and Liverpool didn't want to stand in the path of him rebuilding his career now he's reached mid-20's after devoting all his football years to them.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Would seem to be a great signing for us for £1.5m, Just needs to pass the medical.

I think he can cover anywhere along the backline as well, Handy.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I heard from a very reliable source that they offered Caulker £70k a week. Dreamland for us right now

I think your 'reliable source' has Palace mixed up with money no object QPR, Fingers crossed they get relegated again and the football league deal with them severely over FFP.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Oh the irony

FFP was not in place when we got promoted but if it had been we would have done ok,We got promoted on a smaller budget than the teams around us at the time (apart from dodgy loans Watford) Final table and wages paid-

Cardiff - £32.8m
Hull - £25.9m
Watford - £12.8m
BHA - £21.0m
CPFC - £18.8m
Leicester - £26.1m
Bolton - £37.4m

QPR as you well know have spent silly money on gaining promotion twice over the passed three seasons.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think your 'reliable source' has Palace mixed up with money no object QPR, Fingers crossed they get relegated again and the football league deal with them severely over FFP.

Source is a close friend of his. I was told Palace offered £70k a week but he didn't want to go. He's used this to his favour. QPR offered £40k, then £45k and ultimately £65k to get him due to the wages on offer at Palace.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Source is a close friend of his. I was told Palace offered £70k a week but he didn't want to go. He's used this to his favour. QPR offered £40k, then £45k and ultimately £65k to get him due to the wages on offer at Palace.

Utter drivel, I'm afraid. It's quite well known by now that Palace pay low wages and make up for them in bonuses for survival etc.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
FFP was not in place when we got promoted but if it had been we would have done ok,We got promoted on a smaller budget than the teams around us at the time (apart from dodgy loans Watford) Final table and wages paid-

Cardiff - £32.8m
Hull - £25.9m
Watford - £12.8m
BHA - £21.0m
CPFC - £18.8m
Leicester - £26.1m
Bolton - £37.4m

QPR as you well know have spent silly money on gaining promotion twice over the passed three seasons.

The irony is that a palace fan is criticising another club for poor financial management when palace have a shocking record ( Two admins etc)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
For as much as I hate palace, why would you want to go to a smaller club on less wages? I think your source is sauce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here