Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille v Albion ticketing - allocation and priority windows etc

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I think there's a fair few underestimating how intimidating Marseille actually is as an away fan. Watch some you tube video's on games and you can get an idea. The Marseille fans are absolutely mental.... However the atmosphere they create is amazing.

8am weds out of LGW to Faro, then Faro to Marseille for 4pm arrival. - Can't bloody wait.
Bloody hell that’s some stopover! Fair play. I’ve heard of people going via Rome on match day but that’s further! Good old Volotea Caen- Marseille direct £25!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Moral Challenge - Dwayne​

would you grass him up if seen in the old port?
Wouldn’t need to. If he goes over there with that attitude, calling them ‘French Nazi’s’ he’ll get nicked and a good kicking. Trust me, as an Englishman, you don’t wanna get nicked in France, especially at a football match. They have their own rules over there.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Bloody hell that’s some stopover! Fair play. I’ve heard of people going via Rome on match day but that’s further! Good old Volotea Caen- Marseille direct £25!

We've paid total cost £220 for flights and Hotel (staying in the ibis next to the station). coming home isn't too bad,. . 4 flights, 4 different airlines... 8am weds - LGW-FARO (Wizz air) 2hrs in Faro then Faro- Marseille (Ryan air) arrive 4pm. - Then home, 8.40am Marseille-Bordeaux (Easy Jet) 1hr in Bordeaux then Bordeaux - LGW with BA) back home 12pm....

Quite how they price these things up is anyone's guess. Its actually further from FARO to Marseille than it is from LGW to Marseille.:LOL:. However it was nearly £140 cheaper when I looked to book on the Saturday after the draw... booked it up morning before Newcastle game.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m in the ‘guaranteed ticket’ window. We’re taking a slightly unconventional route, first thing Thursday morning we fly Gatwick-Geneva, hop in a rental car and we’ll be in Marseille early afternoon.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
I’m in the ‘guaranteed ticket’ window. We’re taking a slightly unconventional route, first thing Thursday morning we fly Gatwick-Geneva, hop in a rental car and we’ll be in Marseille early afternoon.
I love reading all the stories of where people are going via to get to Marseille. Some of them are amazing. I've seen one going via Frankfurt, plenty via Paris on euro star and few driving in this country first to bristol / manchester / stanstead etc..... I've actually not seen that many taking the boring route direct from Gatwick.:LOL:

We toyed with a camper van initially, but worked out to be too expensive and too time consuming so this little adventure will do....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wouldn’t need to. If he goes over there with that attitude, calling them ‘French Nazi’s’ he’ll get nicked and a good kicking. Trust me, as an Englishman, you don’t wanna get nicked in France, especially at a football match. They have their own rules over there.
Despite them acting like Nazis I suspect I won't be shouting it in the street

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Going down the common sense route and " could be fined" with "could" doing the heavy lifting, maybe the police have some sort of section 60 powers in place for the old port on matchdays. Probably asked to leave the area first and if you refuse you "could" be fined. Its not going to be an instant fine for accidently wandering in.
likewise if your accommodation is in the old port and you can show your registration you wont get a fine as standard.
Mind you, it is the French, so never say never.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Going down the common sense route and " could be fined" with "could" doing the heavy lifting, maybe the police have some sort of section 60 powers in place for the old port on matchdays. Probably asked to leave the area first and if you refuse you "could" be fined. Its not going to be an instant fine for accidently wandering in.
likewise if your accommodation is in the old port and you can show your registration you wont get a fine as standard.
Police won't do anything unless you act like a tit. Or are in a large group of rowdy men. This game is still in the middle of the rugby world cup , you could just be a rugby fan or tourist.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
I'm pretty sure you won't be asked to leave if you behave yourself, aren't in a big group (20+) and aren't singing songs. or wearing colour's. I think you will be more than ok to be Wandering around being a tourist. However, its not something I shall be trying out....

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That’s the one - doesn’t seem to be many booked on that flight at the moment looking at the choose seat selection planner - fly back to Manchester via Brussels on Fri morning
Excellent. See you there! I may wear an Albion top (which will be replaced during the flight!).

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
We've paid total cost £220 for flights and Hotel (staying in the ibis next to the station). coming home isn't too bad,. . 4 flights, 4 different airlines... 8am weds - LGW-FARO (Wizz air) 2hrs in Faro then Faro- Marseille (Ryan air) arrive 4pm. - Then home, 8.40am Marseille-Bordeaux (Easy Jet) 1hr in Bordeaux then Bordeaux - LGW with BA) back home 12pm....

Quite how they price these things up is anyone's guess. Its actually further from FARO to Marseille than it is from LGW to Marseille.:LOL:. However it was nearly £140 cheaper when I looked to book on the Saturday after the draw... booked it up morning before Newcastle game.
I refuse to fly anything but direct flights unless it’s impossible. One too many missed-connection nightmares.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Police won't do anything unless you act like a tit. Or are in a large group of rowdy men. This game is still in the middle of the rugby world cup , you could just be a rugby fan or tourist.
I do think it’s normal “don’t be a dickhead” rules for Marseille like anywhere, people going slightly over the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here