Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille v Albion ticketing - allocation and priority windows etc

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I’ve gone for front row seats in AA also. With all the standing getting in and out I’m not sure 2 hours of the match on my feet would be good for me and some health problems. As long as can see over the top of block B then should be a problem (I hope)
From what I can see online, these seats are on a shelf above block B. I saw a video somewhere. B is a standing area but is lower than AA so they wont get in the way.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
325 left, very good effort.

With category 1 as well means about 3,400 will be going and just under a week for more sales.

So 3000+ sold. Decent.
While not wishing to put a damper on things i would like to get the facts straight.
We started with 3170 tickets not the 3500 some were saying because some areas were blacked out when the tickets went on sale. Sales per day were Friday 1500, Monday 700, Tuesday 400 and yesterday after about 30 were sold in the morning the club took another 160 off sale at the back of the upper tier. We are now down to 325 meaning another 55 sold since yesterday pm.
So total sales about 2650 and with cat 1 if we take full compliment of those 2850.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From what I can see online, these seats are on a shelf above block B. I saw a video somewhere. B is a standing area but is lower than AA so they wont get in the way.

UEFA-Marseille-Orange-V-lodrome-Visitor-Section.jpg

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
What's wrong with block AA?
Asked before as I've front row seats. No standing area which is perfect for two old men, but why have these seats not sold. 128 available including front row seats. Strictly no standing, a minor issue for those who cant stand for 2 hours anyway
You can check out the view of seats by looking to buy tickets for the Rugby World Cup at the same stadium. AA looks to be 4 rows on incline but standing not allowed as wheelchair platform is just behind. Above/behind seems to be some more luxurious seating. Block B in front. If you do go onto the rugby ticket site you can also get a 3D view from the seats that are available

IMG_4159.jpeg

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I’ve gone for front row seats in AA also. With all the standing getting in and out I’m not sure 2 hours of the match on my feet would be good for me and some health problems. As long as can see over the top of block B then should be a problem (I hope)
I looked at the video from when Spurs were there and could clearly see the faces of the people in the front of AA as it is raised on top of a wall at the back of the lower section. The only problem you might have is if people at the back of B stand on their seats otherwise you should be fine. Personally i think that people are not taking these seats because you are not able to stand in AA as it would block the view of disabled people behind and that would just not be right.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You can check out the view of seats by looking to buy tickets for the Rugby World Cup at the same stadium. AA looks to be 4 rows on incline but standing not allowed as wheelchair platform is just behind. Above/behind seems to be some more luxurious seating. Block B in front. If you do go onto the rugby ticket site you can also get a 3D view from the seats that are available

View attachment 166743
Just done that. More than happy with my seat and the 'no standing' is fine with the two old men who will be sat there.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have you considered the 6am flight from Manchester to Beziers (£20) then train to Marseille?

I’m northern based (Morecambe), really 50/50 on this, it’s just getting back I’m trying to get my head round…..
The Midland does the best pub/bar fish and chips in the country.........no contest............just saying

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
While not wishing to put a damper on things i would like to get the facts straight.
We started with 3170 tickets not the 3500 some were saying because some areas were blacked out when the tickets went on sale. Sales per day were Friday 1500, Monday 700, Tuesday 400 and yesterday after about 30 were sold in the morning the club took another 160 off sale at the back of the upper tier. We are now down to 325 meaning another 55 sold since yesterday pm.
So total sales about 2650 and with cat 1 if we take full compliment of those 2850.
Do you know why the club have taken those 160 off sale?

I wonder how many more will sell after last night?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Do you know why the club have taken those 160 off sale?

I wonder how many more will sell after last night?
No, but being as they were all right at the back of the top tier i would guess that the club thought there was little chance of them selling and as there were still seats closer to the front wanted to ensure they were filled first.
In answer to the second question you have got to think very few being as not only has everyone who preregistered had plenty of opportunity to buy but now those who did not, whether through error or change of circumstance, been given a window too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, but being as they were all right at the back of the top tier i would guess that the club thought there was little chance of them selling and as there were still seats closer to the front wanted to ensure they were filled first.
In answer to the second question you have got to think very few being as not only has everyone who preregistered had plenty of opportunity to buy but now those who did not, whether through error or change of circumstance, been given a window too.
All things considered still impressive. Whilst I appreciate there will be slightly different forces at play; this does now give me hope for the other away fixtures.

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
Have you considered the 6am flight from Manchester to Beziers (£20) then train to Marseille?

I’m northern based (Morecambe), really 50/50 on this, it’s just getting back I’m trying to get my head round…..
Booked on the Wednesday 7am to carcassone (£45 return), land at 10. couple hours in city then 3.30 train over to marseille on train (£20).

Leave marseille station 9am friday for the 3pm flight back to manchester.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Any creative low cost travel option suggestions for those who haven't booked yet? Trying to convince a few others, can involve car hire or train(s) after flight
Looks like Nice is the best option..

Still around 300 left

Last edited:

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Any creative low cost travel option suggestions for those who haven't booked yet? Trying to convince a few others, can involve car hire or train(s) after flight
Looks like Nice is the best option..

Still around 300 left
You might wish to figure the Thursday morning Paris Beauvais to Marseille flight into your plans. Could drive to Beauvais via Eurotunnel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here