Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille (h) preview

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Really looking forward to our next match, this Thursday which will be very intriguing.

Let's not under estimate, winning the group is huge. To go straight through to the last 16 with home advantage in the 2nd leg and avoid an extra 2 legged knock out tie.

Marseille seem to be full of goals, winning 4-2 at Lorient yesterday and having had high scoring Europa League games. How do we expect them to approach Thursday, needing a draw? I don't see Marseille sitting back and playing for a point.

As for our line up, I expect it to be very close the one which finished the Burnely game

Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Really looking forward to our next match, this Thursday which will be very intriguing.

Let's not under estimate, winning the group is huge. To go straight through to the last 16 with home advantage in the 2nd leg and avoid an extra 2 legged knock out tie.

Marseille seem to be full of goals, winning 4-2 at Lorient yesterday and having had high scoring Europa League games. How do we expect them to approach Thursday, needing a draw? I don't see Marseille sitting back and playing for a point.

As for our line up, I expect it to be very close the one which finished the Burnely game
I expect they'll look to score early, and then shithouse us for the remainder of the game knowing that if they only concede one it's job done

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm absolutely buzzing for it. Not been to a game since that mildly annoying 1-1 against Sheff Utd (getting stuck in Stanmer Park carpark for over an hour in the pissing rain afterwards really compounded the misery).

It's great to have a game that will be fully competitive and would be massive to win, whilst knowing that drawing/losing still isn't the end of the World. Should be a cracker.

It's a Joao Pedro kinda evening, isn't it?

Last edited:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We need a ‘Shef Wed’ type Amex atmosphere and not a ‘Shef Utd’ one. Like the team we were very flat in the stands until the last 20 mins on Saturday. Most chat on the concourse before Burnley seemed to be about Thursday, it was a bit complacent.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I will be gutted if the Marseille fans don't put on some form of pyro display.
Great shame that we don't seem to run to such a thing. I say that in the full knowledge I've done nothing to organise it!

We are a bit tinpot as a fanbase, frankly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We need a ‘Shef Wed’ type Amex atmosphere and not a ‘Shef Utd’ one. Like the team we were very flat in the stands until the last 20 mins on Saturday. Most chat on the concourse before Burnley seemed to be about Thursday, it was a bit complacent.
It’l take more that winning a group and charging into the last 16 of the Europa League to get me going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here