Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mars

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
The shortlist has been narrowed down to 1,000 now.

Me personally - I love food, water and oxygen far too much to live on a rusty planet planet without any of that! Credit to those who are willing to make those sacrifices though, another giant leap for mankind.

Life there though? Doubt it, something tells me that there might not be life anywhere other than earth.

One of my friends daughters in on that lis of 1000.
Her next stage is the medical.
She is (like the other 999 I expect) very hopeful of going.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What better place to go to get over it. Not sure what the the totti's like on mars though ?

would not have cared about the totti it would just have been nice to get away from her bloody family cat on the moon.jpg and there would have always been this

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would you want to? There's nothing there! One rather large volcano, lot's of red dust and an unbreathable atmosphere.

There may be life there, of a primitive kind

Sounds like Selhurst Park.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Why would you want to? There's nothing there! One rather large volcano,some cladding,lot's of red dust and an unbreathable atmosphere.

There may be life there, of a primitive kind, anywhere that water can be found. So what?

I've been to Selhurst too. Grim isn't it. You missed out the "jerk" chicken caravan choking everyone to death.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I can just imagine someone from NSC going there and complaining about the lack of atmosphere.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
The shortlist has been narrowed down to 1,000 now.

Me personally - I love food, water and oxygen far too much to live on a rusty planet planet without any of that! Credit to those who are willing to make those sacrifices though, another giant leap for mankind.

Life there though? Doubt it, something tells me that there might not be life anywhere other than earth.

Billions of stars and solar systems. Over 3000 that we have gazed at with blue planets in the ideal position to obtain life. There just has to be something in the vast unknown.

Unless of course you meant "our" solar system.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Yeah I would, got made redundant yesterday so no ties and all that :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Weren't a couple on BBC1 this past week. They'd never met before but he was eyeing her up thinking just what every one else was, mmmmmm I would.
Changing subject, news today of a star exploding millions of light years away. That star may have an Earth just like ours. Someone sat there sunbathing and suddenly their sun goes bang.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Weren't a couple on BBC1 this past week. They'd never met before but he was eyeing her up thinking just what every one else was, mmmmmm I would.
Changing subject, news today of a star exploding millions of light years away. That star may have an Earth just like ours. Someone sat there sunbathing and suddenly their sun goes bang.

while watching X factor ...............so not all bad then

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
[/B]

Billions of stars and solar systems. Over 3000 that we have gazed at with blue planets in the ideal position to obtain life. There just has to be something in the vast unknown.

Unless of course you meant "our" solar system.

I couldn't know for sure. It's quite unlikely though. Our planet is on a timid balance as it is. Despite what most people think over 80% of earth is uninhabitable and without apparatus we would die if we ventured there. I can think of better ways to spend our time and money than groping around in nothingness hoping for one celled cosmic blobs to show themselves.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/britons-shortlisted-mars-trip-181646777.html#v6FPVhA

Five Britons have been shortlisted for a one-way trip to Mars as they hope to become the first humans to step foot on the Red Planet.
Four women and a man from the UK are among the final 100 candidates for the Mars One Project which plans to set up a permanent human settlement on the planet by 2024.
More than 200,000 people applied for the controversial privately-funded mission that organisers have estimated will cost six billion dollars and is set to be filmed for a reality television series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here