Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marlon King - Hit & run

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
18 months seems pretty lenient considering how dangerous his stunt was. I'm sure the victim has lost more than 18 months going through what he has had to do so.

I wonder what entices him towards Zambia. Presumably they have diamonds and gold he can get involved in.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Imagine applying for an extremely well paid job and having to disclose previous convictions including theft (from a person and from cars), criminal damage, deception; fraud, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving, assault, sexual assault and handling stolen goods.

You might think it could be hard to find a job with that sort of background and no suggestion whatsoever that you'd made any attempt to change your life. Not in football however (aside from the latest incident mentioned above, I believe he's also on bail in relation to another car crash at the moment). Carry on, Marlon!

Or...join the OB and you can pursue these interests in a work like environment? :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The sentence today is actually for a different incident to the one this thread refers to. It's for a dangerous driving case in Nottingham.

I wasn't sure (it's so hard to keep track with him), but I didn't want to start a new thread, either.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Either way, here is a nice quote from the lovely Paul Scally, chairman of Gillingham FC, way back when unlucky Marlon first brushed up against the long arm of the law.

"I'm in complete shock. I genuinely believe the sentence is excessive considering the offence. I believe he was the innocent party throughout. He's been a model professional at this football club. I don't think there's a bad bone in Marlon King's body. We will certainly at the moment stand by him"

Hindsight, eh? Isn't it GREAT? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here