Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] market forces ? supply and demand ?

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
just having a look at stub-hub (i know, money grabbing , irish tax dodging parasites)

and the forrest v BHA game is 10 x the draw than BHA v Ajax

i'm sure no one is going to pay £1000 to see fati from the trent end ?

1698255312641.png
1698255361177.png

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
just having a look at stub-hub (i know, money grabbing , irish tax dodging parasites)

View attachment 168611 View attachment 168612
How is this possible for Albion home games with rules about passing on tickets?

Surprised the club don't buy a couple and very publicly ban those behind the illicit sales?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Do crooks also use StubHub to literally steal our money, no ticket?
Dunno about stubhub but I've been forced a couple of times to use alternative well known resale sites (not for footie) and they have gaurantees usually or insurance against such, for couple of quid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Surprised the club don't buy a couple and very publicly ban those behind the illicit sales?
Didn’t we do something like this for the FA Cup game v Liverpool when home tickets were being resold ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Many of our home games go to 'members guests' (in fact all on sale at the moment... Ajax, Fulham , Sheff Utd, Brentford, Burnley & Marseille)... so I can't see why this is a problem - other than the STH/Albino+ taking responsibility for what their 'guests' get up to. Although there are probably things in the small print about reselling at a profit etc...

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Many of our home games go to 'members guests' (in fact all on sale at the moment... Ajax, Fulham , Sheff Utd, Brentford, Burnley & Marseille)... so I can't see why this is a problem - other than the STH/Albino+ taking responsibility for what their 'guests' get up to. Although there are probably things in the small print about reselling at a profit etc...
If that’s what is happening it’s a) illegal and b) the member is risking a long stretch in the Barberville Penitentiary

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a problem because tickets can't be re-sold.

Interested to know what country @wardy wonder land is accusing StubHub from as that's not the UK-flavoured site. They won't list our tickets on that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I think it must be quite easy as my youngest couldn't be at the Luton home game so put his ticket on the season ticket exchange and it sold.

Next to me was a Luton fan (no trouble and a latent follower living in Cornwall, plus very complimentary about us).

However he purchased the ticket on stubhub. I can only conclude whoever purchased it requested an actual ticket and sold it on Stubhub.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Presumably you can collect some money from your guest to cover the cost of the ticket? What about a guest you found through a website? perhaps with some added 'fees' for being helpful etc...

I know... it's probably mentioned in the small print etc... but it is all a bit nebulous.

That said, how does someone buying a ticket on stubhub actually get the ticket? how do they know it is genuine etc... and not resold to several people?? All seems decidedly dodgy to me.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
It's a problem because tickets can't be re-sold.

Interested to know what country @wardy wonder land is accusing StubHub from as that's not the UK-flavoured site. They won't list our tickets on that.

work VPN routes via germany - and stubhub.ie was top of the list of a google search for "seagulls tickets"

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Presumably you can collect some money from your guest to cover the cost of the ticket? What about a guest you found through a website? perhaps with some added 'fees' for being helpful etc...

I know... it's probably mentioned in the small print etc... but it is all a bit nebulous.

That said, how does someone buying a ticket on stubhub actually get the ticket? how do they know it is genuine etc... and not resold to several people?? All seems decidedly dodgy to me.
Those links say "instant download" so if it isnt an outright scam, it would shirley have to be eticket.

Any Brighton fans would have their name and membership number on it so you'd have to be a prize fool to sell that to a stranger.

As its the Europa League game, maybe a % are given to Uefa associated bods who aren't going and its them trying to flog their tickets rather than Albion fans/members?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Those links say "instant download" so if it isnt an outright scam, it would shirley have to be eticket.

Any Brighton fans would have their name and membership number on it so you'd have to be a prize fool to sell that to a stranger.

As its the Europa League game, maybe a % are given to Uefa associated bods who aren't going and its them trying to flog their tickets rather than Albion fans/members?
They are dotted all over the ground looking at the screenshots above, unlikely to be UEFA freeloaders tickets ?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009

View attachment 168611 View attachment 168612
What am I missing here - you’ve scrolled up to the cheapest Ajax tickets and scrolled down to the most expensive listed Forest tickets and then compared as a 10x?

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
The cheapest Ajax ticket when I looked last night was 90eur and the cheapest forest ticket 175eur
no you are right..............Forrest v BHA is only 5.8 x more popular a fixture than BHA v Ajax

current list

BHA v Ajax 18 tickets avialable from 98-188 euros average of 146 per ticket
Forrest v BHA 45 tickets avialable from 175-1625 euros average of 847 per ticket

FBE

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
no you are right..............Forrest v BHA is only 5.8 x more popular a fixture than BHA v Ajax

current list

BHA v Ajax 18 tickets avialable from 98-188 euros average of 146 per ticket
Forrest v BHA 45 tickets avialable from 175-1625 euros average of 847 per ticket

FBE
To be fair, those expensive forest tickets don’t actually exist as such. As you may know, Stubhub doesn’t actually own or sell tickets, they’re just a facilitatory platform on which third parties like you and I can list tickets for sale. Plenty of traders just list tickets at several price tiers in search of a lucky sale after which they’ll fulfil by buying at a lower price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here