Mark Warburton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I get the impression that Warburton, who has done a magnificent job, is backed by an excellent scouting team also.
The players have stood by him impressively since it was announced that he was moving on.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Time for stability and let CH bring in the players he wants over the summer. With the right players CH has the experience to ensure a successful season so that we are at the top end of the table,

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hiring people on the basis of one good performance is more of a Tottenham thing, isn't it? One good season and they'll pay north of £10million for you. Mark Warburton has done a good job at one club, whoever hires him next takes a big gamble based on this one performance.

One good performance eh.
Take a look at his last 3 seasons.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
:love:

Rooftop bar in Marbs, eh? Last time I was in Marbella, we went in some bar- I think in hindsight it was one of those pretentious ones frequented by all those Essex idiots- and one of the girls in the group ended up with a bill in the region of £45 for three drinks. One of which was a soft drink :D

Would have loved a £45 bill, have to say it's my first time here and I was expecting Essex on tour however at 45 yo I can safely say I'm impressed with the high volume of ladies at a certain age having a good time.

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
I definitely would prefer Warburton at the helm than Chris, however a change now wont happen. The club need stability over the summer, something we haven't had for two seasons now.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I said at the time if we couldn't get Sherwood to leave Nathan in charge and see how things progressed. Chris seems a great guy but his teams have never been good on the eye and I thought it was an average appointment. Certainly apart from a couple home games shortly after his appointment & the signing of Kayal I have seen nothing to change me mind.I think we all knew that Ledesma, Carayol and Best were no better than what we already had before they arrived and that proved to be the case.

In the last couple of seasons Warburton, Howe and Dyche have done tremendous jobs of limited budgets. All have built a squad but more importantly played a regular team and proved that you have a better chance of gaining promotion if you try to win the game, as opposed to trying not to lose one and hope you nick the odd goal to win to gain you 3 points.

I hope I am eating my words come the end of next season but I don't expect us to be anywhere near the top scorers in our league under Mr Hughton.

Simon

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Managing a club like Bournmouth and Brentford comes with very little pressure. Even Poyet cracked up managing us at the Amex.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I am interested to know why?

I am not denying Warburton has done a fantastic job, but CH has taken one side up and another to the play offs when they really shouldn't have.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hiring people on the basis of one good performance is more of a Tottenham thing, isn't it? One good season and they'll pay north of £10million for you. Mark Warburton has done a good job at one club, whoever hires him next takes a big gamble based on this one performance.

Once in the past few managers doesn't really make it a Tottenham thing?

Granted Porky Mopo is a complete waste of money

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Hughton is almost as bad as Hyypia. We have scored 2 goals in our last 9 games. He is awful and there is no way we will progress under him. I'd love for Warburton to replace him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will Warburton hit it off at another club? The $64m question he has been at Brentford a long time going through the different levels. I am happy to see how CH does and if by Christmas we are struggling then make a change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports