Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Waddington

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
100k is peanuts and hardly a gamble. If it doesn't work out then it's hardly a loss. It's great that we are looking a young talent for the future. At the same time the club shouldn't neglect the first team as that needs strengthening. I still feel we don't have enough firepower.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
100k is peanuts and hardly a gamble. If it doesn't work out then it's hardly a loss. It's great that we are looking a young talent for the future. At the same time the club shouldn't neglect the first team as that needs strengthening. I still feel we don't have enough firepower.

Exactly. Can't really lose, but it could turn out to be a great bit of business.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
According to Blackpool forum our offer has been rejected.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting we bid for Waddington last week when Oyston had banned him from the first team because he refused to sign a £200pw contract. After our first bid Oyston puts him back in the squad with orders to the puppet Clarke to give him some game time against us. We raise the bid. Refused again..........I think I would tell Oyston to shove any possible deal where the sun don't shine. He won't have a problem finding it. He must be the biggest arse in football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He is not on 18k a week, I can assure you that! I have a better source than even the player or his agent!
No, surely not... you haven't got access to football rumours have you?

TangerineArmy

Jan 29, 2015
Basically our 2 youth players telford - played against Rotherham and scored. Waddington - played against villa and mom. Tosser oyston then offered them 200pw contract, they wanted 300pw, koko refused and would not let them train with 1st team.... utter arse.

then on Sat talk of a koko u turn but neither player has signed (and who can blame them) and then this? I hope they go for nowt and koko gets Jack.... and that chaps is what we r truly fooked!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is he out of contract at the end of the season?

Sounds like he is still a scholar, with his scholarship finishing this summer. At that point, he would be free to sign a professional deal with Blackpool (if they offered him one) or elsewhere (the club that signs him would either need to agree a fee for compensation with Blackpool, or have it go to tribunal [or whatever system has replaced tribunals in this age of EPPP]).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sounds like he is still a scholar, with his scholarship finishing this summer. At that point, he would be free to sign a professional deal with Blackpool (if they offered him one) or elsewhere (the club that signs him would either need to agree a fee for compensation with Blackpool, or have it go to tribunal [or whatever system has replaced tribunals in this age of EPPP]).

As we have a Grade 1 Academy now, can't we just take him in the summer, and let a tribunal decide the fee. I can't see the Oystons playing ball.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As we have a Grade 1 Academy now, can't we just take him in the summer, and let a tribunal decide the fee. I can't see the Oystons playing ball.

Yes - although there is a chance Blackpool might agree a deal with another club in this window (ie today) and we would miss out (which might be why we have made a couple of bids already).

The grade 1 academy thing doesn't really come into this - that applies to "stealing" youngsters prior to the scholarship years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here