Mark McGhee.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Thought he'd already managed them. He's been a manager at so many clubs which will have made HIM very rich even if it has not done much for the clubs.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Might be a good club to send a few of our youngsters/fringe players for some experience/game time.

Given I am Motherwell fan, I don't know if I like that idea or not. I would be hoping that the first team regulars at Motherwell are of a better standard than players which cannot get into a Championship side. Remembering of course that Jamie Murphy is actually former motherwell player. Thats the standard of player I want to see in their starting 11.

I would of course make an exception for someone like Jack Harper so might make that suggestion to Chris as soon as he is fit :lol:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Given I am Motherwell fan, I don't know if I like that idea or not. I would be hoping that the first team regulars at Motherwell are of a better standard than players which cannot get into a Championship side. Remembering of course that Jamie Murphy is actually former motherwell player. Thats the standard of player I want to see in their starting 11.

I would of course make an exception for someone like Jack Harper so might make that suggestion to Chris as soon as he is fit :lol:

Do you reckon Fir Park will be worth a visit for £27 on Satdi?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do you reckon Fir Park will be worth a visit for £27 on Satdi?

£27 Quid. Is that how much it is to get into Fir Park now. I live in England so I don't get to more than a couple of Motherwell games per year. Answer is definitely NOT. I remember going to Fir Park a boy and I used to wait and ask men going in to lift me over the turnstyles coz kids got in free if they were with an adult. Did they allow Adults to lift kids over the turnstyles in England years ago or was that a Scottish thing ?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
£27 Quid. Is that how much it is to get into Fir Park now. I live in England so I don't get to more than a couple of Motherwell games per year. Answer is definitely NOT. I remember going to Fir Park a boy and I used to wait and ask men going in to lift me over the turnstyles coz kids got in free if they were with an adult. Did they allow Adults to lift kids over the turnstyles in England years ago or was that a Scottish thing ?

I went to Motherwell v Dundee Utd once in the 80's (Albion Rovers - my Scottish team for obvious reasons - game had been called off). Pretty sure you could have bought a house there for £27 then. Right dump.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I went to Motherwell v Dundee Utd once in the 80's (Albion Rovers - my Scottish team for obvious reasons - game had been called off). Pretty sure you could have bought a house there for £27 then. Right dump.

Albion Rover is between Coatbridge and Airdrie and that's where Pat Nevin and Brian Mc Clair are from. Its quite wild area but I am from same home town as Jimmy Johnstone, which is even wilder but when you live there it doesn't seem that bad

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

A house for £27 ? Was that not Old Kent Road ?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

I think they've raised the prices cos it's Celtic. Seems to be some consternation over it. Thank you for the advice sir :)

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

For years in the West Stand the very kindly old turnstile man on the door nearest Old Shoreham Road used to let my dad lift me over. Still see him in WSU on game days and tip him the wink!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports