Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Mark Field

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
So how did he know she was unarmed?

Jesus wept.

Apart from all the really obvious answers (eg 1. you can't EVER be sure anyone ever isn't armed, but that doesn't mean you can randomly push people against a wall and grap them by the neck...2.what the protest was about, and who they were means there is literally less chance of her being armed than a random person off the street... and 3 watch the video...she wasn't clearly wasn't armed, or acting in any way like a threat) I think most rational people can agree that a man like that (and I suspect most of his defenders) only assaults someone he knows ISN'T armed and won't fight back.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Do you think "excuse me madam this is a private event will you leave now" would have worked ? Or do you think she and her friends should have been allowed to stay ?

I’ve worked security and I can 100% guarantee if I removed anyone, male or female who was not resisting, assaulting me or threatening me with violence, from a building in that manner I’d be spending the night in a cell. And rightly so. She isn’t even causing distress to anyone, she’s trespassing and disturbing a supper. Annoying but not warranting that level of force.
You really don’t know what you are talking about.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
If this was a Labour event, and the protester right of centre, the people on here saying its ok, would probably be losing their minds this morning, as they feel they are being ATTACKED,. by PACKS, in a RAGE, if two people disagree with them on NSC.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you think "excuse me madam this is a private event will you leave now" would have worked ? Or do you think she and her friends should have been allowed to stay ?

That's security's job. Nobody else around him was alarmed, in fact, they sat there folding their arms.
I could have accepted his intervention had he grabbed both of her arms, and marched her out, but he slammed her into the pillar, and grabbed her neck. It is over the top violence. She made no attempt to fight back with her feet or her elbows.

I've seen complaints on Nsc, about stewards OTT handling, which is the same.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why does the Chancellor have to give a speech to a room full of people dressed in black tie, having a very nice dinner thank you very much, in times of supposed austerity?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It’s not his job? It’s nobody’s ****ing job to assault people. What he should have done is sit tight and wait for police or security to arrive.
I mean these are simple rules. And where would we be without rules?

That’s right. France.

She was there to disrupt. To what degree , no one knew. I`d imagine a lot of people there saw a real threat. I`m staggered if people think manhandling this woman out of the room is assault !

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Looking carefully at the footage, there is a point very soon after he’s grabbed her and pushed her against the wall where she is actually walking away and he follows her and grabs the back of her neck. While she’s walking away.
He should be charged for this.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If this was a Labour event, and the protester right of centre, the people on here saying its ok, would probably be losing their minds this morning, as they feel they are being ATTACKED,. by PACKS, in a RAGE, if two people disagree with them on NSC.

Sadly you are right ! not me though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She was there to disrupt. To what degree , no one knew. I`d imagine a lot of people there saw a real threat. I`m staggered if people think manhandling this woman out of the room is assault !

The Prime Minister does. She's suspended him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I`d imagine a lot of people there saw a real threat.

From GreenPEACE

Peace.

"We defend the natural world and promote peace by investigating, exposing and confronting environmental abuse, and championing responsible solutions for our fragile environment"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It is assault. 100%
22 years and counting in the security/protection sector, countless hours of training and retraining, endless de-briefings of violent incidents, endless restraints, ejections and arrests, dynamic risk assessments every day (a “DRA” of that situation would have told one that she is zero physical threat).
In my professional opinion that is 100% assault.
Whether he’ll be charged or not is a different matter.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
That's security's job. Nobody else around him was alarmed, in fact, they sat there folding their arms.
I could have accepted his intervention had he grabbed both of her arms, and marched her out, but he slammed her into the pillar, and grabbed her neck. It is over the top violence. She made no attempt to fight back with her feet or her elbows.

I've seen complaints on Nsc, about stewards OTT handling, which is the same.

But he didn't slam her into a pillar.

Agree that it was over the top for what the threat was, but he didn't slam her against the pillar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So how did he know she was unarmed?

She wasn’t a threat. But we all now know is Mr Field is a threat; if you see him smack him first?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But he didn't slam her into a pillar.

Agree that it was over the top for what the threat was, but he didn't slam her against the pillar.

I’d say it was very forceful push. A slam. She even bounces slightly.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It doesn’t matter if she was trespassing and being disruptive. The human rights act affords her the full protection of the law and the right not to be harmed while conducting peaceful protest.

The correct and lawful course of action would have been to wait for the police or security so she and others could be removed without anyone, security, protestors, have a go heroes, causing a breach of the peace.

That’s not opinion . That’s law. Cut and dry.

Anyway, I’ve made my point. I’m off to Lidl, Lord help any women that come within striking distance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done Mark Field he should be congratulated on what could have been a nasty scenario, did he know she wasn't a jo brand type ready to throw acid from her handbag? He didn't punch her or smash her against a wall, he just protected everyone in the room by manhandling her fairly out of the room.

She was an intruder.

If someone busted into my party the same would be done.

You’re missing the point completely. Rather than commenting on what you see, in today’s society you have to buy into the social media generation outcry and call for a man to lose his job. Then see if you can throw in racism / sexism / homophobia and you have a proper story. Not sure how her gender is at all relevant - but it’s been jumped on by feminists on social media...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You’re missing the point completely. Rather than commenting on what you see, in today’s society you have to buy into the social media generation outcry and call for a man to lose his job. Then see if you can throw in racism / sexism / homophobia and you have a proper story. Not sure how her gender is at all relevant - but it’s been jumped on by feminists on social media...

Sorry Sheebo, but I have seen many, many men denouncing it too. I am no feminist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here