Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Bright

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I realise i sound like a GIRL here but...

Its not so much WHAT he said but the sheer ARROGANCE in the way in which he went about it.

He may have a valid point (i dont think he does personally) about making the away fans feel welcome but he went about it the wrong way.

Ainsworth raised the same issue but in a much better, more articulate manner.

And WHAT THE HELL does Gully having a place to change have to do with ANYTHING? IDIOT.

It's really about time the BBC got shot of Mark Bright. Not because he's a P****e bastard (although that surely can't help), but simply because he misses the point of the thread so frequently. Dreadful, dreadful pundit.

Mind you, hats off to Chappers last night for antagonising Mark Bright and challenging him repeatedly about his negative thoughts about Falmer. :thumbsup:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
"Another home defeat today then Gus. What went wrong ?"

"Well, ees complicated. But de lighting in de away ends it make the travelling fans very happy, so you know, they making a lotta noise from de start. Ees helping their team keep da bull, dey keep da bull better dan us, you keeping da bull you score de gols".

"The third was the killer goal wasn't it Gus, were you disappointed with the marking there ?"

"I'm no happy weeth it, but what can I say ? Da away fans they are seenging, they seeing all da lights in their colors, they haf good time...look, ees not my choice, but eef we want to go forward as a fubull club, we need to turn out dose lights, ees holding us back now innit".

"Thanks Gus"

"Thanks"

:lolol::thumbsup:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
JMark Bright as a player I hated you and as a pundit your wooden and a complete Cock!

I was always told if you haven't got something good to say don't say anything.

Er...how does that work then? If you haven't anything good to say then say nothing...but he's a cock.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

I'm not disagreeing. I've never subscribed to that old chestnut anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Quality stuff, Easy10. Or is it Easy? Or E10 (isn't that Leyton - should I call you Leyton? Maybe for 2012 - for one year only - you could call yourself Olympic10?)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"Another home defeat today then Gus. What went wrong ?"

"Well, ees complicated. But de lighting in de away ends it make the travelling fans very happy, so you know, they making a lotta noise from de start. Ees helping their team keep da bull, dey keep da bull better dan us, you keeping da bull you score de gols".

"The third was the killer goal wasn't it Gus, were you disappointed with the marking there ?"

"I'm no happy weeth it, but what can I say ? Da away fans they are seenging, they seeing all da lights in their colors, they haf good time...look, ees not my choice, but eef we want to go forward as a fubull club, we need to turn out dose lights, ees holding us back now innit".

"Thanks Gus"

"Thanks"

I get that you think it's a silly thought, but how often do we hear managers an players talking about the fans being the 12th man? So often that the phrase "the 12th man" is a cliché all of its own. How many times after matches have the players and gus mentioned how great it was to have the fans making noise? Just today there were a couple of threads pointing to Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Poyet: Roar Us Over The Line Sure, you can paint it in a funny skit like that, but Gus has put an importance on the part the crowd plays, so is it fair to just dismiss it?

Having said that, I think the point of the video was lost. It seemed to me like Martin Perry was putting emphasis on how great the away end is because he saw it as an opportunity to advertise to the away fans. We know so much about the ground, but do the supporters of Burnley? Ipswich? Derby? I doubt it. This was an opportunity to get info out there for the away fans to sell them on how great the stadium will be.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Legend in terms of what he did for us, But he is a twat. Says he has inside info etc and actually knows f*** all. Bore.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
change it to it to 'Ees Eesy' 10
Quality stuff, Easy10. Or is it Easy? Or E10 (isn't that Leyton - should I call you Leyton? Maybe for 2012 - for one year only - you could call yourself Olympic10?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here