Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mark bright vs the people of norwich

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
there is some war of words going on twitter between mark bright and norwich fans. bright seems to be saying they'll be last on MOTD and are certain to go down... anyone know how this all started? whats the connection between that waste of air and norwich?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No doubt he'll tip Palace for promotion as well.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No idea why he's trying to upset the whole of Norfolk, but his Wikipage has had a bit of vandalism recently.

Mark Bright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Bright has proved to be a dull and somewhat lumpen assistant commentator in his time at the BBC. In recent weeks (May, 2011), Bright has shown himself to have little, if any, knowledge of the game that has kept him in a lifestyle way beyond his somewhat limited talent by predicting that Norwich City would be immediately relegated from the English Premier League at the end of the 2011/2012 season - in an instant belittling the somewhat impressive achievement of back-to-back promotions by the club, rising from the depths of third tier English football to the summit of the domestic game. It is rumoured that this festering hatred is as a result of being spurned and publicly humiliated by a Norfolk lass who was loudly unimpressed by his manhood dimensions. The girl in question said that she had misheard a conversation where Bright was said to have rather than be a massive appendage."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he is a cock

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Not sure who I consider more incompetant, Bright or Claridge! Both massive pricks in my book. You can throw Darren Gough in there for his comments on us last week.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's probably true, though, or a common line of thought. It's not often that a team that gets back to back promotions thirives in a division two higher than they played in the year before last. We struggled when we reached the championship one year after leaving league two.

When you also factor in the number of teams that come up to the premier league and go straight back down, you'd have thought Norwich would be favourites for relegation (with swansea). QPR are thought to have some money, so right now are probably expected to give it a go, but still would be in the top five to go down.

So, he's spot on with that aspect.

As for last on MotD it would obviously depend on their opponents and how expected their result is. If they face top teams they'll be nearer the start, if they face and lose to say wigan or wolves, they will likely be one of the games at the end of the show.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He upset us as well - the only living person out of hundreds i've heard speak of Falmer to slag it off- jealous ****

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What did he say about it?

Was apparently slagging it off all through the VT (it was a late kick off piece I think) and said we shouldn't bemaking the away fans feel comfortable and that they'll singlouder etc and slagged off Gully having his own changing room. Basically made himself look a complete jealous **** :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps it's the way he said it, because it's certainly not particularly controversial to suggest Norwich will be among the favourites for relegation. They're kidding themselves if they think otherwise. I'm not suggesting they're crap: it's just the way it is with promoted teams. That said, I wonder if they might not do better than QPR.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Norwich will go down though? Without signing Klose they will not get Klose at all to staying up

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps it's the way he said it, because it's certainly not particularly controversial to suggest Norwich will be among the favourites for relegation. They're kidding themselves if they think otherwise. I'm not suggesting they're crap: it's just the way it is with promoted teams. That said, I wonder if they might not do better than QPR.

I understand the norwich fans being upset. Regardless of team, the fans don't tend to be like being told they're dead certs for relegation, even if the whole of football can see they are.

I think on here, it's also that it's mark bright and he's one of those people who will be criticised by some users on here no matter what they say.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
To be fair Bright did try and make up for his comments on Brighton in the same show once the presenter reminded him how well we'd done. I think the penny dropped and he realised he'd been a pr*ck. Personally I think he's angling for a job at ITV because he's just tried to be more and more gobby and controversial as he's progressed. As for Claridge, they could put an empty stall on and it would do a better job. At least it wouldn't have to constantly refer to its notes and jabbing the desk, while adopting a tone that suggests he's just been asked if his mother is easy.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mark bright is so bloody boring

you can bet your life this wont end up being as interesting as rodney marsh v the people of bradford

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bright by name, dull and dumb by nature (no wonder he's a Palarse legend).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here