Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mario Balotelli

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'd love to see it happen but obviously it won't. Best to stick to the NDP generally, but I think you can get away with one 'character' in the team. Especially if the rest of your squad is rather straight laced.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
My favourite Balotelli story was when he was at City. He got stopped for speeding and was searched. The police allegedly asked why he had five grand in cash in his pocket. He said "because I'm rich".

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Football is supposed to be an entertainment industry and for that reason, I absolutely love Balotelli. If even half of those stories about him in Manchester are true (and I know for a fact that some are) then he is a total legend.

He's batshit mental, obviously, but also a bloody good player (people forget that his unselfish pass to Aguero won City the title). Bet the wages wouldn't be too steep, Potter world probably be the best manager for him, he doesn't fail the NDP because he's just completely insane, not a dickhead and (most importantly) just to see him playing in a Brighton shirt would be a total joy.

30 years old and has screwed up a lot of his career but he's really, really good underneath that. We could get his best years with the correct management. Not that I'm saying that he's grown up as I doubt that, but who am I to talk....

Yes, it would probably be a disaster, but I AM IN (with a capital IN).

https://youtu.be/i-tagn3lB3I

He did drive around Moss Side handing out cash..... Plus the Father Christmas story was true.

Sing him up Tony. It would be superb!!!

All of this, great post!

The guy is a legend, yes he's made a lot of cock ups and has probably wasted his undoubted talent but he has also had a lot of shit to deal with in his life. I agree he's not a dick head, just a bit misguided and no doubt a bit childish at times, most people in the game who know him are really fond of him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
My favourite Balotelli story was when he was at City. He got stopped for speeding and was searched. The police allegedly asked why he had five grand in cash in his pocket. He said "because I'm rich".

Another great story from his time in Manchester was when he saw a boy skiving off school and found out he was being bullied. Balotelli drove the boy back to school, spoke to the headmaster and then sat down with the bully, the victim and the head and tried to resolve the situation.

He also once went round to Micah Richard's house and let off fireworks in the kitchen.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Thanks to all that have contributed. We need personalities out there. You've convinced me that he'd be a fantastic addition to our squad, along with Zaha, who could create numerous goalscoring opportunities for him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
People wanting him at the club... seriously? Wtf?

Look at his season in Brescia. Signed the fattest contract in the history of the club, played a few games and then got benched because he didnt train properly, got back in the team as they got desperate, kicked someone in the head in the 6th minute, the 13th red card of his career, generally performed poor, trained poorly (which is what A LOT of his old teammates have said about him as well), frequently spoke about wanting to move to bigger clubs. Then the corona virus came, he didnt participate in the teams Zoom meetings, didnt keep his physique up, didnt turn up when training restarted...

Yeah, some find this hilarious and "wow what a character, imagine being that lazy and unprofessional!" but why the **** would you want him to play for Brighton?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
People wanting him at the club... seriously? Wtf?

Look at his season in Brescia. Signed the fattest contract in the history of the club, played a few games and then got benched because he didnt train properly, got back in the team as they got desperate, kicked someone in the head in the 6th minute, the 13th red card of his career, generally performed poor, trained poorly (which is what A LOT of his old teammates have said about him as well), frequently spoke about wanting to move to bigger clubs. Then the corona virus came, he didnt participate in the teams Zoom meetings, didnt keep his physique up, didnt turn up when training restarted...

Yeah, some find this hilarious and "wow what a character, imagine being that lazy and unprofessional!" but why the **** would you want him to play for Brighton?

It's not a sport you know, it's an entertainment industry.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Just no, Shirley!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Football is supposed to be an entertainment industry and for that reason, I absolutely love Balotelli. If even half of those stories about him in Manchester are true (and I know for a fact that some are) then he is a total legend.

He's batshit mental, obviously, but also a bloody good player (people forget that his unselfish pass to Aguero won City the title). Bet the wages wouldn't be too steep, Potter world probably be the best manager for him, he doesn't fail the NDP because he's just completely insane, not a dickhead and (most importantly) just to see him playing in a Brighton shirt would be a total joy.

30 years old and has screwed up a lot of his career but he's really, really good underneath that. We could get his best years with the correct management. Not that I'm saying that he's grown up as I doubt that, but who am I to talk....

Yes, it would probably be a disaster, but I AM IN (with a capital IN).

https://youtu.be/i-tagn3lB3I

He did drive around Moss Side handing out cash..... Plus the Father Christmas story was true.

Sing him up Tony. It would be superb!!!

great song , even better is watching the 4 bald blokes looking very awkward and doing their best not to catch each others eyes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No not that...

...this

[tweet]1528441639924027394[/tweet]

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Ohh you have to say that was magnificent. Barry Davies commentary on the wonder goal v England in 86 from Maradona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here