Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Margarita - Anyone Been?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ive been told this morning that Im being sent there for the last 3 months of the summer season. I fly back to manchester and then onto margarita on the 2nd August.

Im very excited, but know nothing about it....

Anyone been,that could give me a guide?

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
If you mean Margarita off Venezuala, fantastic place, amazing people, when we were there petrol was cheaper than water but that was a few years ago and the rum is awesome.

Only downside is the break in power and water supplies but that may well have improved.

The mangrove swamps were fab and the beaches are gorgeous.

If this is not where you mean then you should go anyway :wave:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
If you mean Margarita off Venezuala, fantastic place, amazing people, when we were there petrol was cheaper than water but that was a few years ago and the rum is awesome.

Only downside is the break in power and water supplies but that may well have improved.

The mangrove swamps were fab and the beaches are gorgeous.

If this is not where you mean then you should go anyway :wave:

Nope, spot on...Thats the place.

Is it very laid back?

Nice clear water? Flights are reasonable aswell....so dad can visit me and mates!

Job done!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Very laid back, although they don't really do English, so make sure your Spanish and Portuguese is up to scratch. As Superwife said, wonderful people, amazing beaches, yes very clear water.

And you absolutely must go on one of the organised trips to Angel Falls, you fly out on a little 10 seater, fly past Angel Falls a few times then land on a savannah in the middle of the rainforest and take a treck up one of the rivers into a gorge cut into the sie of one of the table top mountains. I can't really explain it in enough detail, sufice to say that it is without doubt the most amazing place I have ever been.

(sadly Superwife was very ill on that morning, so she had to stay behind, I still owe her a trip to Angel Falls)

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
I can quite happily confirm that the medical services are very good.

Another trip to take is on a catamaran out to some of the small islands nearby, we had a fantastic trip even saw a whale.

Can't remember what the main town is called but we stayed quite near there and is well worth exploring.

Although the banks closed down whilst we were there due to the corrupt government, the people were so laid back and made us feel really welcome to their country.

And yes not quite so superphil you do still owe me a trip to the Angel Falls and I have now been waiting for nearly 13 years :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here