Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcus Tudgay

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
From the Argus today

Meanwhile, Albion are monitoring Worthing-born Marcus Tudgay's uncertain future at Derby.

The top priorities for squad strengthening are a leftback and centre half but manager Mark McGhee is an admirer of Tudgay, a striker who can play wide or through the middle.

The 22-year-old, out of contract next summer, wants a loan move away from Derby after being overlooked by boss Phil Brown.

Sheffield Wednesday and Crewe, two of the Seagulls' fellow Championship strugglers, are reportedly interested in Tudgay.

He is always a player that has done well against us as well. We would be well stocked with front players if he signed.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sheff Wed, Albion, Albion, Sheff Wed....umm...tough choice for the young man but I suspect the answer begins with 'Sheffield Wednesday'

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Cheeky Monkey said:
Sheff Wed, Albion, Albion, Sheff Wed....umm...tough choice for the young man but I suspect the answer begins with 'Sheffield Wednesday'
Even Crewe would have a better chance.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Cheeky Monkey said:

I dont know. Hes from Worthing and maybe his family lives down here and he wants to come back. Who knows

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Quality player, which as usual makes it very unlikey he'll come here.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Cheeky Monkey said:

How do you work that out? Yorkshire or the South East - no contest! Let's give him lots of support in the Stripes! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He'd be quality . Very versatile player who would be an excellant addition to our team. I'd be chuffed if we got him , I reckon there's a chance of this !

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
He was one of the key players in Derby's play-off team last season. Anyone who was present for our 3-2 defeat against them last season will be testify to his ability.

Unfortunately for him he has fallen out with the new Derby manager Phil Brown, as have a few other players. Lee Camp, their goalkeeper, has been frozen from the squad since his dad rang a phone-in show to complain about Phil Browns treatment of his son.

All a bit academic as the local Derby press is reporting that he's on his way to Sheffield Wednesday. I say a more pressing priority at the moment is getting in a left-back and another central defender.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
I say a more pressing priority at the moment is getting in a left-back and another central defender.
Exactly.
We've already got Jake, Leon, McCammon, Turienzo and Kaz up front, and Frutos, Carole and Jarrett on the flanks, how many forwards do we need ?

If Tudgay arrives all well and good, but I don't then want to see any guff about there not being enough left in the pot for a leftback or centre-half.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Where we've already got Hammond, Chippy, Nicolas and....Charlie.

Oh, I see what you mean.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Easy 10 said:
Exactly.
We've already got Jake, Leon, McCammon, Turienzo and Kaz up front, and Frutos, Carole and Jarrett on the flanks, how many forwards do we need ?

If Tudgay arrives all well and good, but I don't then want to see any guff about there not being enough left in the pot for a leftback or centre-half.
Agree on need to strengthen defence but our strikers are hardly banging them in are they? He'd be a good signing - a PROVEN goal scorer in this league. Get him in and get rid of McCammon and McPhee.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sneaky George said:
Agree on need to strengthen defence but our strikers are hardly banging them in are they? He'd be a good signing - a PROVEN goal scorer in this league. Get him in and get rid of McCammon and McPhee.
I think the first priority is to stop leaking goals. We've stayed in this division through being (relatively) solid at the back. We're simply not capable of outscoring opponents, and I'm not convinced that Tudgay would alter that. Building from the back is the sensible way forward.

We've not got a 15-20 goal striker in the team, but I think we've got enough players to provide a spread of goals between them. First and foremost, we've got to stop conceding to give ourselves a chance. I cannot see the sense of adding another forward to the squad before that is sorted.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ernest said:
Marcus Tudgay = tried and tested ENGLISH lad therefore NO chance of signing him instead we will sign some UNKNOWN from the Albanian 4th division and be TOLD he is one for the FUTURE :angry: :angry: :angry:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Derby fan reaction: "phil brown is mad!!!! he is playing dean holdworth, 37 year old fatboy instead of tudgay, a promising young striker who scored 9 last season" @thefootballforum.net

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Easy 10 said:
I think the first priority is to stop leaking goals. We've stayed in this division through being (relatively) solid at the back. We're simply not capable of outscoring opponents, and I'm not convinced that Tudgay would alter that. Building from the back is the sensible way forward.

We've not got a 15-20 goal striker in the team, but I think we've got enough players to provide a spread of goals between them. First and foremost, we've got to stop conceding to give ourselves a chance. I cannot see the sense of adding another forward to the squad before that is sorted.
As I said, totally concur with stregthening the defence but it does make sense to sign another striker if the right player becomes available. And if the budget still allows for McGhee to get the defenders we need... which McGhee suggested it was.

You always look to improve. The question is - is Tudgay better than what we've got and the answer, at the moment, has to be yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here