Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcus Tudgay

craigo

Jul 19, 2005
portslade
Marcus Tudgay looks set to leave Derby County after the Championship outfit revealed they would not be handing him a new deal.

get him at the albion!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yes please. Get him in here McGhee!

craigo

Jul 19, 2005
portslade
hes a FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hes a striker hes much better than that turenzio!!!!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If he's a midfielder on a free transfer and we can afford his wages and he's creative...sign him up:)

Chances are, if he is decent he's not going to be finding his way here.:(

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Marcus Tudgay looks set to leave Derby County after the Championship outfit revealed they would not be handing him a new deal.

The 22-year-old starlet has just under 12 months left on his current contract meaning he will become a free agent next summer.

Tudgay is a firm fans' favourite at Pride Park and demonstrated his quality when given the chance last term by clinching February's Championship Powerade Player of the Month award.

He bagged a total of nine goals in 22 starts but also contributed coming off the substitutes' bench.

The player himself insists he is keen to stay on at Derby, where he has been since he was a teenager, but believes he has no choice but to look elsewhere.

"I don't want to leave because I love the club and the fans, but I must also think about my family and future," he told skysports.com.

"I've been here a long time and would love to stay but it doesn't look like Derby are willing to give me the chance."

The player's agent Saif Rubie revealed talks with Derby over a new contract for his charge had proved fruitless and believes the player could now move on before the transfer window shuts on August 31.

"I've been trying hard to get Marcus a new deal, but Derby have been unwilling to offer him anything which is a shame given his outstanding contribution last year," Rubie stated.

"It looks like he will have to move on to fulfil his potential, but he is prepared to leave and has already demonstrated his ability at Championship level."

Wont be free until next summer, so a cut price deal would be on the cards. Is this a wage cutting exercise by Derby who are in debt or is it because he is not good enough for them?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Scarface said:
Is this a wage cutting exercise by Derby who are in debt or is it because he is not good enough for them?

9 goals in 22 starts suggests it's the former. I'd imagine there'd be a number of teams interested in him if he's going cheap.

But I'm going to spend the rest of the day 'speculating' that we sign him- even though 30 minutes ago i knew nothing about him. :)

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
He will attrack a lot of interested from the better sides in the Division surely with his goalscoring recold from midfield.

He's a good player but not for us. Played as an out-and-out striker against us last year. I think we've made our signings up front and it's other bits of the team that need strengthening now.

Really, if at the end of May you'd have told the fans that we would be making two six-figure signings as strikers, everyone would have been pretty happy.

I'm wondering when we last spent this much on transfer fees - must have been a very, very long time ago.

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Originally posted by London Irish Really, if at the end of May you'd have told the fans that we would be making two six-figure signings as strikers, everyone would have been pretty happy.

CKR and?

Have I been asleep? Did we pay for Turienzo?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:

I'm wondering when we last spent this much on transfer fees - must have been a very, very long time ago.

1st year back at Withdean? zamora 100k, Pitcher 40k, Oatway - didn't we pay something for him....struggling now but I think we paid for a couple of other players that year.. Cullip, was that the same season?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Where does it day he's a free? I can only see that he's not being offered a new contract and that he may move before the deadline.

As he's under 24 derby will be entitled to a fee won't they? Whether by agreement or by tribunal.

I wouldn't expect that they'll just let him go.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Icy Gull said:
1st year back at Withdean? zamora 100k, Pitcher 40k, Oatway - didn't we pay something for him....struggling now but I think we paid for a couple of other players that year.. Cullip, was that the same season?

I think we only paid for Watto and Cullip in that first season. Zamora didn't come on board until the second season and I think Pitcher was the one after that.

This has been the most money spent for a long, long time and there should be more spending to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here