Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcus Rashford abuse on social media.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Indeed.

Jailing people for words is the domain of fascists, communists and dictators.

Prison is for dangerous people.

He'll have lost his job for one. I'm sure a hefty fine would be a pretty good way of dealing with it.

That abusive word just cost you £20k.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Prison is for dangerous people.

He'll have lost his job for one. I'm sure a hefty fine would be a pretty good way of dealing with it.

That abusive word just cost you £20k.

Certainly is.

Watching videos on former inmates and there's a theme of people going into jails and becoming more radicalised and violent.

Not the UK but plenty of guys go into the US system with no affiliation to anyone and walk out members of the Aryan Brotherhood.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The cynic in me thinks that arresting people for mean thoughts and words is a convenient way of going after criminals. Easy policing, easy pickings.
I wish the police would invest more energy in preventing kids hacking other kids to death and all the actual physical real world crimes. Priorities seem to be askew.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The cynic in me thinks that arresting people for mean thoughts and words is a convenient way of going after criminals. Easy policing, easy pickings.
I wish the police would invest more energy in preventing kids hacking other kids to death and all the actual physical real world crimes. Priorities seem to be askew.

In an ideal world I would prefer to see a police force funded well enough to do both.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Have you studied criminology to let us know how many violent crimes are committed, arrested and brought to court? The law is passed by politicians, and the police have to act on it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So he did it, which is one thing. Someone then got in touch and said "maybe take it down, mate" and he REFUSED to do so?

**** him, enjoy the showers.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Have you studied criminology to let us know how many violent crimes are committed, arrested and brought to court? The law is passed by politicians, and the police have to act on it.

Is it just a nice and convenient way for the government to make the figures look good?
No, I haven't studied the finer details.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Generally this shouldn't be a prison sentence. Cleaning up graffiti every weekend for a couple of years would usually be preferable but I can't help thinking that the greater good may be served in this case by making an example of someone

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it just a nice and convenient way for the government to make the figures look good?
No, I haven't studied the finer details.

The figures/targets are divided into categories. The CJS has to provide them for the government funding, so more of one type of crime doesn’t secure funding for a different crime.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Didn't see the big game last night as I was enjoying a catch up of the Royal Variety Performance 2021 but heard Rashford was subjected to booing at Old Trafford last night?? Disgraceful if true.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Didn't see the big game last night as I was enjoying a catch up of the Royal Variety Performance 2021 but heard Rashford was subjected to booing at Old Trafford last night?? Disgraceful if true.

I am in no way justifying booing but god he was poor last night and to me something is not right he was clearly disinterested and frustrated and with that and the hairstyle I thought it was Pogba playing not Rashford.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
He looks like he has had Pashun lessons from Pogba and finishing lessons from Billy Paynter

Looked Sunday league yesterday.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
He’s clearly a very nice chap but he’s just not consistent enough & slightly fortunate to be playing for Utd . I’m not even sure we would want him .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Could 'The Prince of England' be the mystery striker we're looking at?

Reports today that Rashford is willing to leave Old Trafford if he doesn't receive sufficient guarantees from new manager Eric Ten Haag that he is central to his plans. I know it's a massive long shot but he would be an incredible signing for us, sure Welbz could put a good word in as a former homegrown Unitedite about what a good club we are to play for.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Reports today that Rashford is willing to leave Old Trafford if he doesn't receive sufficient guarantees from new manager Eric Ten Haag that he is central to his plans. I know it's a massive long shot but he would be an incredible signing for us, sure Welbz could put a good word in as a former homegrown Unitedite about what a good club we are to play for.

Love these type of reports.

Rashford has been more like Gashford this season.

I would be asking if I was Ten Haag are you going to be a footballer or politician? Yes his cause was just but it has focused him away from being a top player.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

A move would certainly do his career good. He's stagnating there. I reckon he'll go to AC Milan

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I would be asking if I was Ten Haag are you going to be a footballer or politician? Yes his cause was just but it has focused him away from being a top player.

This must be true because no footballer has ever had a dip in form unless they have been distracted by politics.

For the record, it won't happen but (OBVIOUSLY) I'd love to have him at Brighton. Quality is permanent. He might, just, squeeze past the no-dickheads policy as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here