Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March from Brighton to Falmer?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would it be like a walking bus? Whereby we can hop on and off at pubs? Assuming all 20,000 were on the March you should be able to jump in and out?

There aren't that many pubs: just four between along the Lewes Road between St Peter's and the Amex. I remember doing that walk about 30 years ago and there were 12 pubs to do

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Four? The North Laine, Hobgoblin, Druids thingy, Park Crescent, Bugle, the one at the bottom of Elm Grove, Martha Gunn, Franklin, The Gladstone, the Bear...admittedly not directly on Lewes Road but that's barely going off piste!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What went wrong with the trains last night then?

A coastline delay which turned into a farce when the train which eventually arrived was redirected and those that had got on had to then get off to catch the following train. It meant arriving in Brighton half an hour later than anticipated.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Think a March when the trains are actually running would be a very effective two fingers at Southern rail who yet again last night proved to completely and utterly incompetent.

Yep. 5,000 marching along the Lewes Road, while an empty train that they've already had our money for sails by, will really show 'em :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A coastline delay which turned into a farce when the train which eventually arrived was redirected and those that had got on had to then get off to catch the following train. It meant arriving in Brighton half an hour later than anticipated.

Oh dearie. Maybe for the very first time, I'm almost pleased that that lovely Dr.Beeching chap closed down my local station in 1966.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Four? The North Laine, Hobgoblin, Druids thingy, Park Crescent, Bugle, the one at the bottom of Elm Grove, Martha Gunn, Franklin, The Gladstone, the Bear...admittedly not directly on Lewes Road but that's barely going off piste!

I did say "on Lewes Road". North Laine, Hopgoblin, Druids Arms, Cornerstone (or whatever it's called now) and the Martha Gunn are not on Lewes Rd. The Bugle has closed down and the Park Crescent is a new one on me ... but that's not on Lewes Rd either. If you're going to include all pubs around there, why not Caroline of Brunswick, Bat and Ball, Mitre, Branch, World's End etc etc? We all know there are loads of pubs in Brighton but not many on Lewes Rd ... that's the point I was making

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here