March for England 2014

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
just read "point 3" again please, not sure why you can't get your head round it

Sadly Dave has constantly just posted "no fascists, no left wing violence" but he clearly doesn't have the intelligence to understand that it takes TWO sides to produce the violence and both are equally vile and scum of the earth groups.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The notion of creeping sharia really is absolute nonsense. It's panic and scaremongering. It's like saying the country was about to be taken over by football hooligans in the 80s. There is a small, vocal, idiotic, extremist minority of Muslims who love the sound of their own voices. Most are simple peaceful people. However both the government and the mainstream media aren't helping.

The government - both this one and the old Labour one- love faith schools. It shows that they're doing "something" about secularisation while at the same time reducing the cost to Central and Local Government of education. But once you allow them you HAVE to allow them for all faiths. Comply with all the rules and you could open a Zoroastrian Free School in Peckham tomorrow. My own personal answer to this would be to have OFSTED inspect the Islamic free schools regularly until you could be sure they were actually offering proper education rather than being madrasahs. But then I'd also have OFSTED regularly check on Catholic faith schools to make sure the attached priest didn't have a little chamber where he offered special services to the children in his care. I wonder how many on here would think that was fair?

Secondly the mainstream media need to take a good hard look at themselves. After the Woolwich verdicts Radio 4 OF ALL STATIONS got the Islamic view from none other than Anjem Choudrey, a violent, extremeist "community leader". They were actually roundly condemned, not only by the right but by a lot of Muslims and left leaning journalists.

The problem is that extremeist free schools and Anjam Choudrey are "good tv" and a nice, intelligent family who get on with their lives, pay their taxes and pray on Fridays aren't. Just as PPF, Footsoldier and indeed Dave in Prague don't rpresent the views of most Albion fans. Just (to return to the hoolies analogy) as the ICF, 657 crew or Combat 18 don't speak for most football fans.

OFSTED does check Catholic schools. I imagine they would check Muslim schools too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think most of the protests by Andy Choudary and his mob are kept out of the media. Of course the Rigby murder could not have been kept out of the news, the same as a murder by any other group would not have been. The BBC news worldwide on the TV had plenty of moderate Muslims condemning the murder. Maybe in our democratic society Radio 4 (which is not heard worldwide, let alone seen) felt it needed to put both sides over.
Yesterday, on Good Friday, around Regents Park, this march was allowed to happen, and like many of this sort i did not see any coverage on the news last night.
So if bans are to be put in place, then it has to cover all, which as stated will make things worse.

There was also a counter protest by the EDL. Neither got mentioned because it was pretty much a non event attended by a handful of extremists on both sides, precisely my point. That someone who organises something so obviously extremist is considered a "community leader" by anyone is laughable. Radio 4 broadcasts on long wave and shares shows with the World Service by the way.

When these countries that are mentioned in the clip, like Somalia, Iraq etc, the speakers fail to mention that Muslims are killing each other in these countries.

True enough. Sunni on Shia violence, extremist v moderate violence certainly occurs as does repression in places like Saudi. But then Northern Ireland shows this sort of thing isn't limited to Muslims.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
True enough. Sunni on Shia violence, extremist v moderate violence certainly occurs as does repression in places like Saudi. But then Northern Ireland shows this sort of thing isn't limited to Muslims.

True, but in Northern Ireland it is a battle between two different faiths. As far as i know Catholics are not killing each other around the world. Muslims are killing each other (from the SAME peaceful religion) in Somalia, Yemen, Nigeria, Iraq, Afghanistan to name a few, and in a lot of cases the UK has no involvement, and also in many cases they were killing each other prior to our involvement.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There was also a counter protest by the EDL. Neither got mentioned because it was pretty much a non event attended by a handful of extremists on both sides, precisely my point. That someone who organises something so obviously extremist is considered a "community leader" by anyone is laughable. Radio 4 broadcasts on long wave and shares shows with the World Service by the way.

apparently it was quite prevalent , but they still made some bloody good records.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So you're well placed to criticise them, I see.

Well, I'm in a fairly strong position to judge that my state education was excellent, but you're right, I'm sure an organisation that covers up child abuse and believes in an imaginary man with a beard could do it much better.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
sunny v Shia Muslim is very comparable with
catholic v Protestant Christian
the biggest historical split of both faiths with much blood letting

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
intending to have some beers with a few chums on the sunday.We were thinking about starting off on the beach fortune of war.......does anyone know if this area will even be open or will it be loony central?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The "antis" isn't a bunch of UAF members, it's the ordinary people of Brighton.

Don't you dare try try to make out that the 'ordinary' people of Brighton and Hove will be holding a counter demonstration and general attempt at violence against those with differing opinions to their own.

The anti's will be made up of students still feeling the need to rebel against anything and everything, left wing idealists who see violence as a legitimate protest against capitalism, and fxxkwit anarchists just looking for a row with the police.

The ordinary people of Brighton will be going about their daily business in the usual way, trying to ignore the inconvenience brought to their city by two groups who have very little local connection.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The ordinary people of Brighton hahaha yet more delusion and mythologising. I don't know a soul who will be counter protesting. I would struggle to think of anyone I know who would know any of these people too. I bet the vast vast majority are not from Brighton.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
The ordinary people of Brighton hahaha yet more delusion and mythologising. I don't know a soul who will be counter protesting. I would struggle to think of anyone I know who would know any of these people too. I bet the vast vast majority are not from Brighton.

I bet there are ordinary people in Syria currently moaning about the trouble being caused in their country by supposedly "ordinary people" arriving from far flung chaotic places like Brighton and Crawley (for that matter).

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
What a great way to spoil a nice Sunday afternoon for locals and visitors to the city...the combined negative energy from angry right and left wing degenerates throwing piss on each other.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I hope they all fall down a big hole on King's Road.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd focus on them. Actually I'd ban faith schools completely if I ruled the world but neither major party would ever have the balls.

OFSTED checks all schools - faith schools, state schools and alternative education schools, even the new 'free schools'.

Of course, the fact that OFSTED inspectors don't need to have experience of working in schools, nor working with children, is another issue entirely.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Large One;6309587[U said:
]OFSTED checks all schools[/U] - faith schools, state schools and alternative education schools, even the new 'free schools'.

Not entirely correct - private schools are exempt and often only have their reception years checked as they get some state funding for that year. Private schools can also employ people as teachers even if they have no teaching qualifications.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports