Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March eyes breakthough (while Garcia alters training)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bye then Craig.
Macca is laughing, it's his third touch that is awful.
Control, set, then boot the ball 45 yards.

If under Gus he was ever given the opportunity to control then shoot, we wouldn't be having these posts.
That was always hard to do when both centre halves were marking him and everybody else was in our half.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
From those that have been to the 2 home friendlies..how do you think Bridcutt is adapting to the new 'style'....from the few comments i've seen he seems off the boil

I have always said, Bridcutt is a fantastic player in Poyet's formation as a holding midfielder breaking up play and laying the ball off. I have always always said, I don't think he would be suited to an attacking 4-4-2 formation, as he can't turn defence into attack quick enough, hence why we never played it.....If Oscar is set on moving defence into attack quicker and playing a more expressive attacking formation, I can see Bridcutt being found out and maybe being moved on....He is a great player at what he does, don't get me wrong. But a team has to play a certain way to bring out the best in him and I'm not sure attacking is his bag. If he stays, I don't think he will be the stand out performer, week in week out, he has been for the last two seasons.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have always said, Bridcutt is a fantastic player in Poyet's formation as a holding midfielder breaking up play and laying the ball off. I have always always said, I don't think he would be suited to an attacking 4-4-2 formation, as he can't turn defence into attack quick enough, hence why we never played it.....If Oscar is set on moving defence into attack quicker and playing a more expressive attacking formation, I can see Bridcutt being found out and maybe being moved on....He is a great player at what he does, don't get me wrong. But a team has to play a certain way to bring out the best in him and I'm not sure attacking is his bag. If he stays, I don't think he will be the stand out performer, week in week out, he has been for the last two seasons.

interesting comments...we will see how this progresses

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
One loss and one draw later OG is the best thing to happen to us haha lets not get carried away, hopefully we have a good season, I'll wait till we are few games in before making any judgments.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
One loss and one draw later OG is the best thing to happen to us haha lets not get carried away, hopefully we have a good season, I'll wait till we are few games in before making any judgments.

Cautious optimism is the way forward. I think we'll start slowly and as the players adjust to OGs way and with a couple or three new players that can fit seamlessly into the new system - who knows?!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As Gary Neville rightly said, a team can have 90% possession. But if it's in their own half and the other side had got 11 men facing them, they can do that all day, as they are not hurting anyone. Hopefully we will get forward a lot quicker this season, can't wait to see it in action.
Time if we hold possession the other team can't score the whole time we have the ball

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Why do you think no 'big' clubs have come near Bridcutt ? He is not as good as some would like to think

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

I don't agree there, last year everything went thru him and was our best player, he was like the Carrick of Brighton in away... He wasn't great in the Playoffs though IMO, and judging by the Villareal game (I didn't bother going to Norwich) it looks to of carried over? But he was pinging balls across the pitch like Scholes last season, quicker football will not be a problem for him, his awareness is incredible. Time will tell though.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Dicker was/is far too ponderous imho. He did have a good pass on him but often got caught looking for that pass.

Would have said the complete opposite! Him and Hammond would seriously have struggled I think. Agustien's little cameo yesterday showed what technical ability and speed the CM's will need to work to, Hammond and Dicker are just too slow for that.

Only IF you're allowed to take at least 50 seconds between the two touches.

When he had the ball at his feet he was pretty slow and prone to losing it, but he played some excellent first-time passes quite often, one of his strengths I feel.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I kind of agree, but Villarreal are an excellent team and way, way above any team in the Championship; and we correctly drew with a middling Prem team. In short, loss and draw were correct results but nothing to get down about.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Two touch football will still depend as much on players being in space to receive the pass rather than the skill of the player in possession. Last year we struggled with that hence much passing backwards. Surely it's the finding space that needs most working on.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Would have said the complete opposite! Him and Hammond would seriously have struggled I think. Agustien's little cameo yesterday showed what technical ability and speed the CM's will need to work to, Hammond and Dicker are just too slow for that.

I think it was a joke pal

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why do you think no 'big' clubs have come near Bridcutt ? He is not as good as some would like to think

That's sort of what I was saying lol.....Good in a certain system. Time will tell I suppose, personally I can see this Kemy keeping him out the side, once the season starts to settle down. Or maybe Kemy has been bought in to replace him because he is off???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here