Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's a thug, Wikipedia has nailed him.

Solly March..jpg

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Was badly missed in the last game. Probably our third most important player. Think we have the second best set of full backs in the league. I’d only take Liverpool’s as a set over ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sidwell mentioned how the ball bobbled a couple of times just as it was coming on to him.
He dealt with it well.

Worth mentioning that he has wasted a few decent opportunities previously, so good to see him taking that one on, with his swinger, and nailing it.
His technique is as good/better than many others in the squad, but has definitely snatched at a few over the past couple of years.
Potter mentioned that they are working on getting him into those positions more frequently.
Solly is precisely the sort of player that will benefit from Potter's "no fear" mentality.

Here's to seeing many more decent goals from the lad.

Jimmy Grimble

He’s having his best season at this level, without a doubt.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Any frustration about Solly March is only because we've all seen him do great things and wish he could do them more often. His talent is not in doubt, we just want to see it more often - the way he changed the game away to Birmingham in the promotion season, his cross for our first ever Premier League goal, that strike against Norwich in a pre-season friendly, his run to win a penalty at Arsenal - more of that and we're happy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any frustration about Solly March is only because we've all seen him do great things and wish he could do them more often. His talent is not in doubt, we just want to see it more often - the way he changed the game away to Birmingham in the promotion season, his cross for our first ever Premier League goal, that strike against Norwich in a pre-season friendly, his run to win a penalty at Arsenal - more of that and we're happy.

I’m really optimistic having seen how he’s played this season......now in what clearly looks his best position, with a coach who seems to be improving him. Lovely finish with his previously unused right foot yesterday. Even the most vehement of his doubters must be coming round now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sidwell mentioned how the ball bobbled a couple of times just as it was coming on to him.
He dealt with it well.

Worth mentioning that he has wasted a few decent opportunities previously, so good to see him taking that one on, with his swinger, and nailing it.
His technique is as good/better than many others in the squad, but has definitely snatched at a few over the past couple of years.
Potter mentioned that they are working on getting him into those positions more frequently.
Solly is precisely the sort of player that will benefit from Potter's "no fear" mentality.

Here's to seeing many more decent goals from the lad.

if only he had planted that one against man u instead of belting it into the weald...:)

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
The limitation with March has always been that he is soooo one footed - that wonder goal with his right against Villa suggests he is addressing this flaw - could he finally be about to fulfil the amazing potential at last?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've previously said that this is a make it or break it season for him, play well and the left wing back role could be his for years, play poorly and could be good for him to start over elsewhere. Currently both could turn out wrong as he is playing on a "lets hope the club can keep him" level.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ah yes, the usual bounce of a happy clappy thread based entirely on the back of a game in which he's scored a goal. It was a fantastic hit, a presentable chance well taken. There's no doubt that when he's in the team, he has the opportunity to take the chance and change the narrative about him. I don't predict the future, I only reflect on the past. He's clearly been better this season than he has been previously, left wing back in this team suits him well and he's justifying his place in the team.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If it is true that Solly is a 'confidence' player, that goal and his general performance lately must have given him a massive boost.

Which can only be a good thing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Been excellent this season. Was decent enough yesterday but not quite up to his standards of the season. Still feel he backs off attackers too much and gives them space. Try and get Alonso from Chelsea in on loan in Jan to give March some competition...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If it is true that Solly is a 'confidence' player, that goal and his general performance lately must have given him a massive boost.

Which can only be a good thing.

I've never really bought into the idea that he's lacking confidence in himself.
He's just quite a well adjusted lad, who doesn't get carried away with himself too much.
People expecting all wingers to have Knockaert levels of self belief, are always going to think there is something missing with Solly.

Over recent seasons he could do with having had a bit more composure in front of goal.
That's about it for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
if only he had planted that one against man u instead of belting it into the weald...:)

I'd have won about £400 instead of the tenner I did collect.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lamptey's red card may effect Solly more.

I think this opportunity he's finally grasping mainly comes from Lamptey scaring the b'jesus out of teams.
They naturally gravitate to the right leaving Solly with 1% more freedom than he can expect in a Premier League game.

If the Albion are much more balanced so will be, even a much weakened, Liverpool.

Therefore fortunately for all here and esp Solly, I'm predicting a withdrawn game next week and crying of 'inconsistency'.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Lamptey's red card may effect Solly more.

I think this opportunity he's finally grasping mainly comes from Lamptey scaring the b'jesus out of teams.
They naturally gravitate to the right leaving Solly with 1% more freedom than he can expect in a Premier League game.

If the Albion are much more balanced so will be, even a much weakened, Liverpool.

Therefore fortunately for all here and esp Solly, I'm predicting a withdrawn game next week and crying of 'inconsistency'.

You are right in that Lamptey’s absence will effect Solly, not just for the example you give but I feel if one of them is out then we need to play a back 4 as we don’t have adequate wing back replacements.

Hopefully he’ll continue to perform as impressively in a more advanced position if that is the case.

I do think he’s found his position at left wing back though and don’t really want him moved around the pitch again. He’s great there and is now really consistent as he’s played there every week which is what he always needed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It’s said that Solly reads NSC, so:

Well played Solly, another quality performance, I loved your winner.

So proud of another Sussex lad deservedly playing for The Stripes. :bowdown::albion:

[Never, ever take the opinions of one two envious types to heart ... they’re massively outnumbered by your supporters].

And, to add:

We're even more delighted that you're now scoring goals, and look forward to a handful this season. We also note that this season is one of the richest veins of form we've seen from you (prior ones were interrupted by injuries, etc), and that the wing-back system is tailor-made to highlight your qualities.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
From someone often underwhelmed and critical of Sollys performances I’d feel bad were I not now to loudly acknowledge that he had a absolute cracker yesterday. Really pleased for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here