Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] March - end of the debate

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Well, I do think it makes your point invalid, because there are about six times as many right-footed players as left-footed ones, many of which are far more 'one-footed' than Solly is. You just don't notice them. You're by no means alone in this.

I often see right footed players making passes with their left foot, I don't often or ever see Solly make right footed passes. Sorry it doesn't go with the Solly March love in right now but it's only my opinion. I'm not denying he's doing well and taking his chance, ok?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He was brilliant against Man Utd and eventually got his goal. Personally, I didn't think he was capable of putting in such a good performance so hats off to the boy. Hopefully he can now maintain that level, or something close to it. He seems to thoroughly enjoy playing the wing back role, he seems to understand what is needed him and on saturday it really suited his game. The whole team looks so well balanced now and with 3 top class centre backs minding the shop with Alzate and Bissouma (when available) covering every blade of grass we're a very imposing threat this season. I hope he maintains the level, but let's not pretend one swallow makes a summer. Let's see how he gets on either in the League Cup if we go with a full team, or in the next Premier League game where Everton away is a very different challenge.

All that said, he's already shut me up this season and long may it continue. Fair play to him!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Another great display today from march. One of the only bright sparks of a dismal day.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Another great display today from march. One of the only bright sparks of a dismal day.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Both James goals came from having no recognised left back/left wing back, look at both of his goals unmarked in left back position with no player near him. Harsh as he is learning position but FACT that it happened!

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Both James goals came from having no recognised left back/left wing back, look at both of his goals unmarked in left back position with no player near him. Harsh as he is learning position but FACT that it happened!

Alzate and Trossard were to blame for giving the ball away, not the LWB who could not get back in time.

edchan102

Aug 21, 2020
I don't know why people said he had a good match. As an LWB he needs to both defend and attack. However, his defending is basically shit and lazy. (Manutd Maguire's goal, Both James's goals today) he doesn't track people when defending.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Alzate and Trossard were to blame for giving the ball away, not the LWB who could not get back in time.

But his role is to defend as well which he didn’t do. Positionslly defending he is caught out. Not blaming him he is learning bit it is a current weakness.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Think Burn probably gives us better balance in that position and gives us more when defending set pieces which is THE key weakness.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

This. Even Andy Robertson wouldn’t have got back to stop those goals.

The way we play means he has to push forward when we’re in position and you have to assume our players won’t make such poor simple passes that it is impossible for him to get back in time.

As well as giving away posession, the poor defending on the right hand side of our area allowing such simple crosses to be made is also more to blame than March.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I. Have been critical of March and he still frustrates at times, but that's football.

He played As well as anyone today, and has done every game so far this season.

Same old about getting an earlY ball in as opposed to fannying about . . . . That seems to be the BHA way this last few years . . .. try and walk it in . .. . . I've come to the conclusion it's because everyones too slow to create a gap. IF and when Solly gets into a position to cross, there's no one there . . .after 3 years of Murray on the half way line when he's ready to cross, it's going to take a while to re-teach the old dog!

Bissouma showed us exactly what you do when you get a gap . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here