Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] March - end of the debate

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Glad I got his name on my NHS Albion shirt.

(He'll never know I chose it because of "March [20]20", after rejecting "Covid 19".)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He had a really good game today.

The biggest positive of his performance was that he was able to exploit all the space he had. United looked to shackle Lamptey which allowed March the run of the left and he stepped up and delivered. So now what do teams do? Stop Lamptey and allow March to exploit the extra space on his side or go for a balanced formation and allow Lamptey more freedom.

It's a really big positive if he can carry on that kind of performance. Perhaps the biggest, apart from the overall team performance, of today's game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

The biggest positive of his performance was that he was able to exploit all the space he had. United looked to shackle Lamptey which allowed March the run of the left and he stepped up and delivered. So now what do teams do? Stop Lamptey and allow March to exploit the extra space on his side or go for a balanced formation and allow Lamptey more freedom.

It's a really big positive if he can carry on that kind of performance. Perhaps the biggest, apart from the overall team performance, of today's game.

Great post.

I haven't been this angry since Middlesbrough, so thanks for bringing us back to the positive.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It was noticeable that against Newcastle they doubled up on March and Tariq had a stormer. This just shows that we are looking a very well balanced side with those 2 and can give anyone problems :thumbsup:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
He’s looked decent all season but superb today. Dangerous on the attack, solid in defence.
March deserves more respect than debate over whether he should go, whether he is good enough, whether he can shoot.
He has plenty to offer as a LWB and should be seen for what he is - a shoe-in, even in this improved side.

Very well said, sir. Add to that his work rate and the welcome bit of steel/grittiness that is evident from time to time.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
There is definitely a good player in there, his biggest challenge is to believe it himself.

I'm pleased he had a great game.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Alzate, Trossard and March all candidates for MOM today, March may just have edged it for me with the late equaliser, Oh hang on, not to be, because that **** Kavanagh took the right piss and found an extra 2-3 mins #fergietime

Yep, your right I need to let it go..

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Calm down. I’m asking if you were upset When we finished 3rd in the championship on GD and they beat us 0-3 at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I wasn't.
We had been pretty rubbish for a while preceding that game. Scraping draws, where we should have won. the unbeaten record seemed to be more important than points.

Thanks for the double quote, Mr Calm.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
No I wasn't.
We had been pretty rubbish for a while preceding that game. Scraping draws, where we should have won. the unbeaten record seemed to be more important than points.

Thanks for the double quote, Mr Calm.

No worries. We go again next week.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
He’s looked decent all season but superb today. Dangerous on the attack, solid in defence.
March deserves more respect than debate over whether he should go, whether he is good enough, whether he can shoot.
He has plenty to offer as a LWB and should be seen for what he is - a shoe-in, even in this improved side.

He seems very, very one footed and I think misses opportunities because he won't use his right foot to pass or cross. Defender knows what he's going to do.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He seems very, very one footed and I think misses opportunities because he won't use his right foot to pass or cross. Defender knows what he's going to do.

He did shoot with his right foot today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here