Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He's another 'let me at 'im, hold me back' hard man like Robbie Savage was.
Lots of his type in the protected arena of a football stadium always looking to half get involved.
I think he’s keen to look invested and up for the fight to the fans. It seems a bit false to me, like Jesse Marsch’s badge kissing, chest thumping nonsense.

He does moan an awful lot though.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I thought he played really well tonight and hope he goes home to some paella and a glass or two of estrella. BHA legend.

#gosbts
Legend? One good season then forced a transfer at the first sniff of a big move, refusing to play or train until he was sold. If that’s your idea of a club legend you need to reassess things. Trolling surely?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Thanks for the £44m profit. But “legend”? No. Never in a million years can someone donate so little of their soul and their time to a club, and be referred to as a ‘legend. Just, no.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Legend? One good season then forced a transfer at the first sniff of a big move, refusing to play or train until he was sold. If that’s your idea of a club legend you need to reassess things. Trolling surely?
Not trolling at all. Played with passion for the shirt for a season and then brought us in £50 million. I accept legend is a bit strong but he's probably ( Pervis closing in) still left back in the greatest ever BHA XI and I hate the vilification of players I have enjoyed watching and supporting in the stripes.

I also think we are in such a fantastic place now, the best ever in 50 years of passion from me, that I want to feel generosity of spirit and not bile and nonsense. I'd rather save that for the time when it all goes Pete Tong again as it surely will.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not trolling at all. Played with passion for the shirt for a season and then brought us in £50 million. I accept legend is a bit strong but hate the vilification of players I have enjoyed watching and supporting in the stripes.

I also think we are in such a fantastic place now, the best ever in 50 years of passion from me, that I want to feel generosity of spirit and not bile and nonsense. I'd rather save that for the time when it all goes Pete Tong again as it surely will.
A legend is someone who really contributes to the club in many ways. The profit made was organised by Barber and Bloom.
We have a better player in LB now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A legend is someone who really contributes to the club in many ways. The profit made was organised by Barber and Bloom.
We have a better player in LB now.
I am very surprised that more noise hasn't been made about Pervis, all the talk has been about the so called big clubs sniffing around the likes of Caicedo and MacAllister, even Mitoma and young Evan Ferguson too of late.

I expect all that to change soon though, Pervis Estupinan is one heck of a player.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not trolling at all. Played with passion for the shirt for a season and then brought us in £50 million. I accept legend is a bit strong but he's probably ( Pervis closing in) still left back in the greatest ever BHA XI and I hate the vilification of players I have enjoyed watching and supporting in the stripes.

he did very well for us for just one season but the manner of his exit was annoying.
but Pervis is a better player in every respect!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I thought he played really well tonight and hope he goes home to some paella and a glass or two of estrella. BHA legend.

#gosbts
Wow, that's a very low bar, so anyone who had a single good season qualifies?

An actual club legend is rare, right now Dunk and maybe Solly only fit that bill, not even Mitoma, Caicedo or MacAllister who are all incredible players would yet earn that honour.

Muzza is a legend, was Ulloa? Arguably yes but lesser so than Muzza.
Bobby Z absolutely is, as are Bruno (it still hurts) and Calderon, as they did more for the club and community than just be good players.

One season then refusing to play to force a move in no way qualifies.

Going back in time there's a mere few per decade.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Wow, that's a very low bar, so anyone who had a single good season qualifies?

An actual club legend is rare, right now Dunk and maybe Solly only fit that bill, not even Mitoma, Caicedo or MacAllister who are all incredible players would yet earn that honour.

Muzza is a legend, was Ulloa? Arguably yes but lesser so than Muzza.
Bobby Z absolutely is, as are Bruno (it still hurts) and Calderon, as they did more for the club and community than just be good players.

One season then refusing to play to force a move in no way qualifies.

Going back in time there's a mere few per decade.
peter ward!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Sorry to reply to 2 of your posts and derail slightly, it's not about Cucurella! but you raise a very interesting point at the end maybe worthy of its own thread? It was exactly around this point that I was chatting to an Albion supporting mate last night and it's interesting even if said flippantly.

Clubs like Spurs, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool could get relegated, Arse 2 seasons ago looked dodgy but obviously in their DNA they all believe they belong at the upper end of the PL.

Albion are rightly here on merit with our recruitment/leadership/form but do Albion fans actually start to feel we belong here too? Like really belong in this company ongoing, or do they feel we're temporary interlopers gate crashing "the big boys club", enjoying the ride while.it lasts but ultimately deep down sort of feel we don't really belong long term and expect the bubble to burst and to crash down to earth at some point.

I shared your closing sentiments and wonder why I think like that.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I am very surprised that more noise hasn't been made about Pervis, all the talk has been about the so called big clubs sniffing around the likes of Caicedo and MacAllister, even Mitoma and young Evan Ferguson too of late.

I expect all that to change soon though, Pervis Estupinan is one heck of a player.
People are a bit thick when talking about "star players". Dan Burn wasn't noticed for his performances first, it was his size and being *sigh* the biggest left back in the league. Cucurella was noticeable for his hair and backed it up with his performances.

Full backs at "smaller" clubs are far less glamourous unless you have a defining feature that stands out.

On Estupinan, I actually think it's because there are a LOT of very good players in this Brighton team and you can only compliment one or two players at a time. Mitoma is the headliner now, Pevis will have to wait his turn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here