Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think he's probably an alright bloke Cucu. That said I gave him absolute dogs abuse and feel good about it.

I hope Winstanley and all those other twats blinded by money, looked at the shit Cucu was getting and are shifting uncomfortably in their seats in the knowledge that they contributed to Marc getting that level of stick

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He looked rattled to the point of traumatised after trudging past The North Stand screaming 'W*nker!' at him. He cut across the pitch when a break in play happened. He never saw any of what he got today coming to him. Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I gave him so much shit today as most did.

But he looked so broken and upset, I kind of feel a tiny bit guilty about the fortunes of a man I used to love.
Not me. He forced the move, refused to play/train and was one year into a five year contract.

We rinsed Chelsea, £65m is outrageous for one good season at PL level on a LEFT BACK. He doesn’t even have HGP status, which inflates the price.

We rinsed them, Cucurella got his move (albeit not the one he wanted), we got a great replacement for a fraction of the price, and Tony Bloom is laughing his head off.

He didn’t look a £5m player today, let alone £65m. He was absolutely shell shocked by the reaction and being embarrassed by Solly March for 60 of the longest minutes of his life.

He had a ‘’mare, frankly.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Interesting times for the Brighton 'business model' with Cucurella and Bissouma being stellar players for us, sold at a large profit to the elite clubs only to struggle early doors. Maybe big fish in smaller ponds, or to paraphrase this weeks discussion, big goldfish in nicer water. is a fair point but one that might drive down perceived value in the current squad?
Had a Spurs fan friend texting me tonight about how bad Biss is and who they might loan him out to / can we send the bit of Biss they bought but has clearly been left behind at the Amex etc. Big time Charlie’s expect a lot more from him than they’ve seen that’s for sure.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Had a Spurs fan friend texting me tonight about how bad Biss is and who they might loan him out to / can we send the bit of Biss they bought but has clearly been left behind at the Amex etc. Big time Charlie’s expect a lot more from him than they’ve seen that’s for sure.
Unlike Cucurella, I’d have Bissouma back tomorrow. Cucu might wonder why he got such a bad reception compared to Biss. The difference being, one gave us years of good service so genuinely difficult to complain about him moving on. Would be the same with Trossard in my opinion though hopefully we won’t have to find out for a long time.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Loved the renditions of "£60m in the bank, Tony Bloom is having a w*nk".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looked like he was crying when he took his place on the bench (I did have a fleeting modicum of sympathy for him at that point)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here