Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maradona has died

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For a bit of balance, you should really mention all the charitable stuff he did off the pitch. I mean, could you see any of todays players going against the wishes of their employers, and play a charity match to raise funds for a sick child? He did in 1984, at the height of his fame in Naples.

So don't pay £33 million of tax but give away half of that in a very public way and you are feted as a hero, some kind of modern day Robin Hood.

Straight out of the Ronnie and Reggie Kray handbook.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So don't pay £33 million of tax but give away half of that in a very public way and you are feted as a hero, some kind of modern day Robin Hood.

Straight out of the Ronnie and Reggie Kray handbook.

Didn't rob my tax man did he? It says more about the countries that let him get away with it really.

Wouldn't of got away with it here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1332035619086807041[/tweet]

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Watch the youtube clips rather than read the lurid headlines on him. It will help you remember him for his unbelievable talent

Exactly, he was a wonderful player, best ever for me. Elevated ordinary teams to champions.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
F5C64402-061E-40AA-8C24-4ED63BB37574.jpeg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
8E1A9812-8192-421D-97E1-117BEB407307.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rubbish, I know lots of Italians who still think of him as the tax dodging drugs cheat that he was.

Brilliant..... Italians calling someone out for tax dodging and cheating........ ps I’m aim half Italian.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

May 5, 2020
Sussex
This is why he was the best player to ever grace a football pitch.
No other player in history could take apart the opposition team by himself.
The way the players of today think they are special because they"draw a foul"or"win a penalty"need to take a look at maradona.
Studs flying in all over the place but he just keeps going.
He was completely unplayable and even if you wanted to foul him you still couldn't stop him.
Enjoy the video.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The way the players of today think they are special because they"draw a foul"or"win a penalty"need to take a look at maradona.
He was completely unplayable and even if you wanted to foul him you still couldn't stop him.
Enjoy the video.

How much of his ability was natural and how much was down to him taking drugs? Not something we will ever know.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Enjoy the video.

No other player??

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
How much of his ability was natural and how much was down to him taking drugs? Not something we will ever know.

Oh, behave yourself! If you could do that with drugs, where were the all-conquering East German teams of the Seventies and Eighties?

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011

No other player??

Except Messi had the luxury of playing his entire career post the ban on tackles from behind, playing on pristine surfaces with modern synthetic balls and carpet slippers. Great player no doubt but he would have found 80’s football a different game altogether.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll not be drawn into GOAT conversations, as that's completely subjective.

But posters completely dismissing Maradona and his level of skill really are making themselves look very narrow-minded indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here