Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Manu's reaction, very funny, (in my opinion)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Mark Goldbridge (real name Brent Di Cesare) is a character. Not in the 1970’s euphemism sense, but he plays a character. If you watch enough of his stuff, you notice his influences. Constant Partridge references for one thing, which I appreciate!

He grew up supporting Nottingham Forest, and is an ex-copper (hence the name change), and his content and image is very carefully cultivated.

An example is him watching a game on a stream. He has the live chat going, which he reads and answers questions (in return for ££). He also uses this to set up “meme” moments. An example is that the chat and updates on goals is faster than the delayed stream he watches.

It’s therefore comedy gold for him to see Brighton have scored in the live chat, and quickly say “These Brighton knob bees are shite, they’re never gonna score, NEVER”. Then watch in mock horror on his stream as we do exactly that 30 seconds later.

This then gets clipped up by his editor and monetised on YouTube as being a hilariously spontaneous moment, where everyone can laugh at his expense.

He does exactly the same things in his FIFA streams. Deliberately “doesn’t notice” stuff (like his centre back is up front, or he has had a player sent off) then acts all shocked and watches the social media engagement happen.

It’s bollocks, but entertaining bollocks.
Thanks for the explanation, that makes far more sense than 'he's popular', which would be too weird.

I thought the partridge was too much to be amusing but as a dramatised event to reel strange folk in then it makes a little more sense.

A complete waster of oxygen/energy though all the same.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
IMG_6345.jpeg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So Welbeck and Pedro are midfielders. Ok.
They are not midfielders of course, but he’s actually spot on in the real point he’s making - that all of the goals are scored by a player arriving late in the box, after running past or away, from a United player who’s failed to stick with them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jesus, how?! Who would want to listen to such uninformed drivel. Beyond me.
I've grown to like him – he's actually pretty complimentary towards Brighton, it's funny when he has a meltdown and is actually normally pretty objective.

I do find it very odd that someone who claims to be a MASSIVE fan of the club would put a watch-along before going to a game, but that must indicate the potential revenue that is involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here