Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manure

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Man United concede a vital goal in extra time...so nice to see it go against them rather than for them for once. Just hope Cardiff can hang on now.

United conceded a late equaliser against Southampton last month. The way that the team is playing under David Moyes you will see them hanging on in matches and that will mean they will be more prone to letting in late goals than in years gone by.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How shriek has the audacity to moan at the ref at the end is beyond me

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:D Nice one Cardiff
[yt]CYIRFmY3hxw[/yt]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe cheats don't always prosper ? dropping those 2 points evens it up a little.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Really amazes me why people hate Man Utd so much - there's far more hateful teams & players out there. Also, they have little or no impact on Brighton whatsoever, so I don't really get the dislike....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How can kicking an opponent be a yellow?

Ah but if your name is Rooney. He should have been sent off and banned for 5 matches.

Not saying Suarez should not have been banned for 8 games but how is this not similar?

On the other hand, if it was a Stoke player, for example, you probably wouldn't even be talking about it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really amazes me why people hate Man Utd so much - there's far more hateful teams & players out there. Also, they have little or no impact on Brighton whatsoever, so I don't really get the dislike....

Probably due to all the plastics in the playground/office/pub/Facebook. Everywhere there seems to be a plethora of fake man u fans who have never visited old Trafford nevermind been to Manchester. It's pretty irritating. The Mitchell and Webb video posted recently demonstrated the shallow nature of the glory hunters. Personally , I prefer the palace fans. At least, for the most part, they are real!

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Couldn't disagree more - whatever you think of them, they have always pioneered the development of English youth players (Nevilles, Butt, Scholes, Beckham etc) rather than simply overlooking the home-grown talent in favour of foreign signings. Teams like Chelsea & Man City will be the eventual downfall of the English national team - top talent being bought simply to prevent others having them, then reducing them to a few sub appearances at best before selling them on as a shadow of their former selves.

Also, the 'plastics' argument is fine for adults, but I think it's great to see kids in any football kits - as long as they're enjoying the game, and hopefully playing a bit, then good for them. I'd rather see kids outside pretending to be Rooney or Lampard, than inside playing on the computer.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Couldn't disagree more - whatever you think of them, they have always pioneered the development of English youth players (Nevilles, Butt, Scholes, Beckham etc) .

Absolute rubbish. Complete rubbish. Nothing could be further from the truth. Let's take the 1992 Youth Cup side out of the equation (it was 21 years ago) and name me ONE player that could be considered world-class (or even best that England have to offer) that has come through the ranks since then?

I want just ONE player that you can name since that 92 side. 21 years worth of developing homegrown talent and allegedly the world's biggest football team. ONE player considered as world-class or top English player.

They have benefited from unlimited Sky money just at the right time - if the Sky money had been 7 years before Everton and Liverpool would have dominated English footie forever. Compared to Boro, Everton, Saints, Liverpool, Villa they have an appalling record of developing homegrown talent because they haven't needed to. They just buy who they want.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You don't see many rugby players tumbling over when the get brushed by an opponent like Bale or that bloke at Man U.

Because it works differently as a sport and they wouldn't gain anything from doing it? Eye gouging's fair game though, eh?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Absolute rubbish. Complete rubbish. Nothing could be further from the truth. Let's take the 1992 Youth Cup side out of the equation (it was 21 years ago) and name me ONE player that could be considered world-class (or even best that England have to offer) that has come through the ranks since then?

I want just ONE player that you can name since that 92 side. 21 years worth of developing homegrown talent and allegedly the world's biggest football team. ONE player considered as world-class or top English player.

Ronnie Wallwork

th

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

They have benefited from unlimited Sky money just at the right time - if the Sky money had been 7 years before Everton and Liverpool would have dominated English footie forever. Compared to Boro, Everton, Saints, Liverpool, Villa they have an appalling record of developing homegrown talent because they haven't needed to. They just buy who they want.

Tom Cleverly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here