Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manu

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
True, Elvis looks far from great but shocking comparison, when Kaz 1st came on loan he looked a great player. Constantly taking on and beating his defender.

Who would have been a lower grade League 1 hacker.

When Kaz first came he couldn't make proper decisions or deliver the ball, he was just pace, energy and intent but unharnessed and uncoachable. Manu looked the same,.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Regarding questions over his match fitness...
CH said he and Ince will both play in the development game on Thursday, so yes, clearly he still has a way to go for full match fitness.
Goldson too will play as all are in need of match time.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
You could tell at the end he was gutted he missed 2 decent chances, for the club to pay 1.5million for him he must have something.
He completely roasted there right back when he was unlucky that the ref gave a free kick. He did make one sloppy pass which nearly put them in. He snatched at 2 good chances which was poor tho. Lets give him a bit more of a chance before ripping into him tho aye.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You could tell at the end he was gutted he missed 2 decent chances, for the club to pay 1.5million for him he must have something.
He completely roasted there right back when he was unlucky that the ref gave a free kick. He did make one sloppy pass which nearly put them in. He snatched at 2 good chances which was poor tho. Lets give him a bit more of a chance before ripping into him tho aye.
You mean you can't make up your mind based on 5 subs appearances totalling about 45 minutes over 2 months?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I was actually impressed with him when he came on - thought he showed great intent to get at his full-back when he got the ball.

Yes he should have done better with his shot, but he is obviously not match fit or sharp. I saw enough to be encouraged, he looked strong and direct.

Agree. I was quite impressed too. Would like to see him given more time on the pitch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You mean you can't make up your mind based on 5 subs appearances totalling about 45 minutes over 2 months?

Have also seen him for the U21s and I'm afraid today was similar.

Of course he does need games and perhaps with Baldock injured he may get his chance, but as Holla has found, the Championship is a lot faster than the Dutch league and it may take a season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought he did alright. His finishing wasn't great, but at least he shot, but he looked extremely lively when he came on. He's got pace and is a live wire; he's someone to throw on when we need something to happen.

I agree. He was involved a hell of a lot for someone who was on for about 10 minutes. He's had so little game time: has he even played 45 minutes yet in his few appearances? I think he's got something but needs some serious minutes on the pitch. Wished the ref had played on that time he burst through and left the defender for dead; twas never a foul

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
True, Elvis looks far from great but shocking comparison, when Kaz 1st came on loan he looked a great player. Constantly taking on and beating his defender.

You what? Kaz at Championship level looked completely lost at times, poor decision making and poor attitude. You need to have patience with these players, fwiw I thought Elvis made more of a contribution in 10 mins than Baldock did in 60

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
You what? Kaz at Championship level looked completely lost at times, poor decision making and poor attitude. You need to have patience with these players, fwiw I thought Elvis made more of a contribution in 10 mins than Baldock did in 60

It wasn't at championship level when he 1st came on loan to Withdean, there was even talk of him being the most exciting player since Wardy.
And with all due respect, that Baldock comment is bollocks.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
It wasn't at championship level when he 1st came on loan to Withdean, there was even talk of him being the most exciting player since Wardy.
And with all due respect, that Baldock comment is bollocks.

Yeah, so he looked good against league 1 defenders, so did CMS. As for Baldock, game of opinions, I wouldn't call yours bollocks just because I don't agree.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Manu went on to make 35 appearances and score 12 goals in all competitions for Feyenoord during the 2014–15 season, that alone is enough for me to not right him off yet

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Yeah, so he looked good against league 1 defenders, so did CMS. As for Baldock, game of opinions, I wouldn't call yours bollocks just because I don't agree.

That's very noble, thank you. However I still think Baldock offers a lot and more to come. Not ready to jump on the growing bandwagon yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here