Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manu regrets joining Brighton!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When this article first came out, I was pleased that he was pissed off. It is crunch time now though. He can either knuckle down and work hard having been given a massive opportunity to prove himself at this level (when he'll either end up back here doing what we paid him to do or will reignite his career at a different Championship club), or he can fail to cut the mustard again, whine to the press and end up back in Holland at some tiny little club like PEC Zwolle.

As I say, I don't know the outcome and we will be able to tell a lot about him soon enough.

He has it in his power to prove us all wrong but something feels like he's a bit of a diva. I've felt like we've been sold a pup since the Autumn and nothing has got rid of that gut-feel. We shall see...! :)

el punal

Be positive - he will get game time and may come back a proper player. He hasn't shown that he can be that with limie
Quite right. With Wagner coaching Huddersfield I expect a positive outcome at the end of this. Elvis will probably start more games, gain Championship experience, and come back a better player. Hope so.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But theres nothing in that piece from Elvis since he went to huddersfield. Just rehashed quotes from the dutch press interview last week. He didnt know he was going to huddersfield then so why would he say he was going to prove himself there.
Fair point. He probably shouldn't have said what he did in that interview - even though it was pretty much what he was probably thinking. A bit much to continue to pillory him when the quotes get re-hashed. Hope he does well at Hudders, scores lots of goals against top six clubs, and either moves in the summer with us recouping a reasonable chunk of our £1.5M, or comes back here and actually does a job which is worth the money paid for him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I once asked (manager Chris Hughton) why am I here?"

Is this in a training ground context? Did CH have to stop himself from replying "I don't know Elvis, you're three yards behind the last defender."

There is a key word on that statement and that word is '' ONCE '' in 6 months - If he really thought he was good enough or had enough desire to be in the team ahead of the others who were playing then he would have been constantly knocking on the Manager's door.

I do think he has a point though in asking that question and there is more to the Manu signing than meets the eye but whilst he is still an Albion player I really don't think it needs to be played out in the public eye and I think Manu like other people have said, should have gone there and proved the Manager wrong.

Then we might be able to recoup some of what we spent

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I really hope he does. Decent run of games to get used to the english league and he could still have a future here

I hope he does too, a goalscoring ratio of about one in three games, whilst playing primarily on the left wing for Feyenoord is a tremendous return.

It isn't his potential ability that worries me though, he has to get his head right too. To do a decent job for us, he has to WANT to do it. If he regrets signing for the Albion in the first place, then it's going to be very difficult for him to ever give of his best.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I hope he does too, a goalscoring ratio of about one in three games, whilst playing primarily on the left wing for Feyenoord is a tremendous return.

It isn't his potential ability that worries me though, he has to get his head right too. To do a decent job for us, he has to WANT to do it. If he regrets signing for the Albion in the first place, then it's going to be very difficult for him to ever give of his best.

The Micky Thomas of 2015-16. Let's hope he plays well enough for Huddersfield that we can at least cut our losses.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Somebody, somewhere must have seen something in him for us to shell out £1.5m whilst not a large fee by Premier standards it is more than we have spent for most of our squad. Now up to him to knuckle down at Huddersfield to either comeback to us a better player or for them to want to buy him.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What a terrible attitude to have.

What we should be hearing is "I plan to show what I'm capable of at Huddersfield, and come back to fight for my place at Brighton" - but the arrogance and sense of entitlement expressed by Manu here, considering he has shown he has barely even mastered beating the offside trap, is astounding. Extremely disrespectful and unprofessional.

I strongly suspect this is going to be one of those signings that just doesn't work out for us.... but hey, you can't win them all.

That's Elvis - caught in a trap.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Nothing new here a re-hash of his interview to a Dutch journalists from last week.

Let's give him a chance at Hudders - if he messes up or is total shithouse, then at least it hasn't scuppered our results. He might with game time and a bit of confidence be that player we saw as a £1.5m investment,

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really don't like his attitude, it's a 'Get Rid' from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here