Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mantracker

Sock

Apr 17, 2010
Brighton
Anyone ever seen this? Was flicking earlier and it was on the extreme sports channel, aim of the game is two guys trying to get from the start point to the finish (about 40km) without being spotted by the mantracker who is hunting them down.

As I was watching I started to think about how it's filmed, considering it's all filmed by cameraman who are following each teams, wouldn't they be given away?

It's hard to explain unless you watch it really

Sock

Apr 17, 2010
Brighton
Ive always wondered about that as well. Never really come to a conclusion, excellent program anyway. Some of the prey take it very seriously!!

The only explanation is that they do a proper contest then the next day they come back and reenact it. But still seems a bit strange, perhaps they released a behind the scenes at some point, shall google it.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Wikipedia says:
The hunt starts on Tuesday and lasts for 36 consecutive hours. Scenes need to be re-shot for dramatic effect, after the race. This never changes the race's outcome but is to capture wide-angle shots and get better footage. Each episode is edited immediately, awaiting the season run on OLN.

In past interviews, Grant has indicated that the camera crew has him stop to prove where he sees tracks, and also has at times sent out false Prey and production staff to prevent him from just looking for the actual camera crew. Additionally, the Prey's camera crew often change footwear, and are expert woodsmen who often mask their presence in various ways.

Mantracker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Additionally, the Prey's camera crew often change footwear, and are expert woodsmen who often mask their presence in different ways

They do little wee wees against tree stumps to mark out where they have been i heard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here