Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manor Solomon

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Statswise, he's had a good season. 0 assists though.

View attachment 161412
Interesting. Seems to have mostly been used as an impact sub, which might influence those stats. We could probably do with an impact sub or two for next season, but he does seem to play wide left and we're blessed with such talent there -- Mitoma, Enciso, Pedro, potentially Adingra -- that it's a no from me (not that that means anything).

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Interesting. Seems to have mostly been used as an impact sub, which might influence those stats. We could probably do with an impact sub or two for next season, but he does seem to play wide left and we're blessed with such talent there -- Mitoma, Enciso, Pedro, potentially Adingra -- that it's a no from me (not that that means anything).
He was out injured for quite a while as well, I think the game he scored against us was his first in ages if I remember correctly.

Great talent and I'd love to get him in, not as a backup but as a rotation option. We need a squad that has the ability to rotate without getting much weaker as we're going to have extra games next season. Him and Mitoma would both get a lot of football whilst also being kept fresh.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Would have thought Fulham would be in for him if he was part of their decent season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Players will choose the clubs in Europe won’t they? :lolol:

I know, I’m moving into entitled twat territory.

Nothing wrong with a bit of entitlement and twattishment when you're a supporter of a top 6 club. Comes with the territory. 😉

If it was a straight like-for-like deal on personal terms, yes you'd have to think European football would be a factor. He's worked with both managers so it would be interesting to see if he'd chose RDZ.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Other than the purple patch in late Feb/early March, did he do much for Fulham?
I watched him in another few Fulham matches, he looked pretty poor. Could he be similar to Skalak? In essence, he has some stunning skills but maybe not the all round game for a Top Six Premier League team like Brighton & Hove Albion. I’ve filed him under ‘we could do better’.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I watched him in another few Fulham matches, he looked pretty poor. Could he be similar to Skalak? In essence, he has some stunning skills but maybe not the all round game for a Top Six Premier League team like Brighton & Hove Albion. I’ve filed him under ‘we could do better’.
Crikey l hope he is lightyears better than Jiri Skalak, Manor Solomon is a Premier League player, Skalak was barely good enough for the top six in the Championship.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
He's not been getting quite so much time on the pitch recently or having the same impact. He may have been told (like Palhinha) to tone down his skills so Fulham can get him a bit cheaper. But there is undoubtedly a connection with de Zerbi.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's not been getting quite so much time on the pitch recently or having the same impact. He may have been told (like Palhinha) to tone down his skills so Fulham can get him a bit cheaper. But there is undoubtedly a connection with de Zerbi.
Don’t think things like ‘tone it down so we can get you cheaper’ exists mate 🤣 He always seems decent when I’ve seen him on TV admittedly.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Joining Spurs for free on a 5 year deal.

Interesting to see how he gets on, after that little run of goals mid season, he seemed to tail off.

Not a bad punt for free to add to Maddison for Spurs.
There's a range of reactions from Fulham fans - irritation with the club for not getting an option on him, irritation with Solomon for using us as a stepping stone, anger with UEFA for allowing Shaktar Donesk to get shafted, shoulder shrugs based on previous experiences of Fulham players (except Dembele) sinking without trace at Spuds. It goes on. Losing Solomon is less of a worry than the prospect of losing Willian or Marco Silva.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There's a range of reactions from Fulham fans - irritation with the club for not getting an option on him, irritation with Solomon for using us as a stepping stone, anger with UEFA for allowing Shaktar Donesk to get shafted, shoulder shrugs based on previous experiences of Fulham players (except Dembele) sinking without trace at Spuds. It goes on. Losing Solomon is less of a worry than the prospect of losing Willian or Marco Silva.
Who’d have thought you’d have been saying that about Willian a year ago?!

I was quite surprised Silva turned down the Saudi millions based on his past! What do you think will happen with him?

Do you think Mitro will stay too? I thought he would and then saw he’d been linked with a move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here