Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mandela Effect / False memories

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yep, you've nailed it.

Golden Wonder were the premium brand when I was a kit.

Cheese and onion is still green in my head - because of the onion, not the cheese really!

When I was young, I always thought that Smiths was the premium brand and they were ... until 1965 (when GW caught them up)

Our favourite brand was Chipmunk - which seems to have vanished pretty early.

Yet, all of them (Smiths, GW, Chipmunk, Seabrooks) had blue for S&V and all, bar Seabrooks, had green for C&O. So, Walker wasn't just acting agains GW but the entire crisp industry

The grove

Aug 18, 2011
Not sure if this counts but about a year ago I was listening to music on you tube and Bette Davis eyes came on by Kim Carnes. I was convinced that Rod Stewart had done a version of the song but it appears it doesn't exist. Looking on Google a few people have thought the same. :laugh:

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
Th captain pugwash one was interesting. People swore blind that there were characters called 'Seaman Staines' and ' Roger the cabin boy' but it wasn't true at all

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Th captain pugwash one was interesting. People swore blind that there were characters called 'Seaman Staines' and ' Roger the cabin boy' but it wasn't true at all

It seems that parodies in 1970s student magazines became urban myths that were reported as fact by two newspapers c.1990, who were both sued by Pugwash’s creator.

Around the time, a book on vintage TV also repeated the myth and was hurriedly withdrawn by the publishers who concealed the offending text with stickers.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Don't forget 'Master Bates' ... who also didn't exist.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here