Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mandatory thread 'type'?

Should thread types be mandatory on NSC?

• Yes

Votes: 63 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 37.6%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I actually think there should be 2 sepperate message boards 1. Football 2 Non Football and then just post on whatever board is appropriate

That would be my answer cannot see the need to group it further. As an example a thread about a player how would that be categorised as most thread are about how s..t Barnes was or a present or prospective player is.
]

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
If it's an Albion related, travel thread, which is also suggesting a place to drink, and somewhere to listen to a favourite type of music before a Palace game, in which category would you put it?:lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm binning the idea you utter tossers.
A wise decision:angel:. Deep down you know that the crusties are right :thumbsup:

PS. any sign of the thumbs?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
You are right to be looking for ways to improve the Board, Bozza, and others like me, were only joking. Think it's a good idea and have voted now.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I support it wholeheartedly. But I would pay any money to have a webcam installed at Bensgrandads house to watch him get to grips with it. Only problem is he won't be able to post a thread about it asking for help!!!!! Genius idea Bozza :D

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
Bozza please do it. It will make the site a much better place for 60% of us and as you know the other 40% wont even notice the change anyway. I genuinely think the no's have not read all your first post and understood it properly and because of the change in the look being the same day, they just saw it as another change and it was too much for them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I actually think there should be 2 sepperate message boards 1. Football 2 Non Football and then just post on whatever board is appropriate

No, no, no, and no. Separate boards is the shittiest idea since the Chinese Year of the Shitty Idea.

Put the filters on if you like but I doubt anyone will actually use them which makes it somewhat pointless.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bozza please do it. It will make the site a much better place for 60% of us and as you know the other 40% wont even notice the change anyway. I genuinely think the no's have not read all your first post and understood it properly and because of the change in the look being the same day, they just saw it as another change and it was too much for them.

I voted no yet I understand fully what it means. I just think implementing something nobody will use is an utter waste of good time and besides knowing what vBulletin is like it will introduce some sort of bug ( sometimes known as a 'feature' ).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I voted no yet I understand fully what it means. I just think implementing something nobody will use is an utter waste of good time and besides knowing what vBulletin is like it will introduce some sort of bug ( sometimes known as a 'feature' ).

It will take about 20 seconds.

I think some people will use it. The argument behind splitting NSC into multiple forums from those who want it is it will allow them to just read Albion-y/sport-y discussions and bypass the rest. The argument from those who want NSC as a single main forum is that it's how it as always been and that's a big part of the appeal (relative to other forums).

Thread categorisation gives both groups of people what they want.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Awful idea.

It will lead to many more duplicate threads, as people with filters on will post threads on topics that have already been started under a 'type' they don't view.

An example would be me starting a 'Chaos in Bridge car park' under travel, and someone else starting it under Albion.

It's 'New Coke' thinking.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely only need two titles.

1. The 'This is completely made up bull**** that I'm pretending came from a) unnamed club source b) a dumb website infested with similar people like me c) a reliable source who is always right ( but luckily for me nobody has bothered to go back and check) d) bloke down the pub Transfer thread .

2. Everything else.

That's probably the only filter I need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here