Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mandatory jabs for Nhs staff and care workers.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whilst it grieves me to write anything sensible on this egregious thread....

I work in a hospital. I teach at that hospital and at another campus, in London. Both places will soon be swarming with unvaccinated students.

I do not have to prove I have been double jabbed to come onto campus (including parts of the hospital) to teach. I am also 'deemed' low risk because the online survey I have to take 'for my health and safety' defines moderate and high risk as having actual cancer, now. Having a tendency to chronic respiratory infections (like the one I have now) and being over 60 are 'deemed' low risk. OK, mates.

I will leave it to an actual physician or nurse to answer whether they have already been told they must be double jabbed to be at work. As the BBC link shows, jabbing is not law, so working practices are managed currently by coercion (which is fine, but it would better be law). The libertarian prick who is currently playing at being PM is against coersive control, as he would see it. My expectation is that this won't pass as a law. Instead words like 'it is expected that' will be used, and as now the burden will fall on the employer to set local rules. This will allow a minority of dick heads to continue to defy convention and do what they like.

For how this will turn out, my local posh farmshop food hall (Macknade) has a 'no mask, no entry' rule which till a month ago was followed by all (unless they had one of those exemption lanyards - luckily gammon don't use this store) with those declining being refused entry. Since 'freedom day' an increasing number of people are brazenly entering the store without a mask, and the staff have stopped monitoring entry, sanitizing the trolleys and asking people to wash their hands.

It is pretty obvious to all what's happened - freedom day has emboldened the freedom lovers - albeit the inferences will be different: some will remain anxious about it all going pear shaped, while others are rejoicing now all that soppy covid scaremongering and restrictions bollocks have gone at last.

Good post!

I simply don't understand people who see sensible behaviour (i.e. wash your hands and pop a mask on when you can) as an affront to their freedom. I mean, being stoned to death for a suspected crime, now that is an affront to freedom - but carrying a small piece of cloth in your pocket and using the soap in the Gents, that's not an affront to freedom.

Why are so many people so determined to undo the progress made towards stopping transmission. It's just weird. People eh!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be grand if the petty ferals that pass through our courts day after day could be forcibly jabbed. And forcibly sterilised in the other arm. Tho guess realistically that feral trash will always be with us, like a bad smell

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would be grand if the petty ferals that pass through our courts day after day could be forcibly jabbed. And forcibly sterilised in the other arm. Tho guess realistically that feral trash will always be with us, like a bad smell

What a fine, understanding, compassionate, human being you are.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009

What a disgusting post.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But they are not being forced to have jabs against their will. They are just being told that they will need jabs to work with the sick and vulnerable.

I don’t know why this is at all controversial.

Some jobs require you to have jabs to do it, this is one

You are welcome to leave if you don’t want the job, which causes issues - but no one is forcing you.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I think you're having a bad day. While I detest feral behaviour, I do understand where it comes from and why some people might behave in ways that don't respect other people. I'm sure you do too. We don't all have the same equal opportunities in life.

Of course, some people are just plain horrible. Even then, I have no right to play God. If I did, what would that make me?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don’t know why this is at all controversial.

Some jobs require you to have jabs to do it, this is one

You are welcome to leave if you don’t want the job, which causes issues - but no one is forcing you.

Agree. It's just an understandable requirement for people in a job caring for others.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
People like your eldest, ( a nurse preumably?), deserve a hell of a lot more credit than they have been given in my opinion. From what l can gather, those early days in the makeshift Covid wards, were little short of horrific.

Yes, and nurses and doctors died. My daughter works in the care sector, where there was real carnage - and they had to carry on without jabs too - I think they actually had to wait a litte longer than NHS staff. And still these brain dead tin hat wearing tw@ts can watch people die and say they didn't need the vaccine!

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I posted this the other day that I had been told about this by my manager. I'm double jab so won't affect me.

I also said about a highly skilled (glue like) engineer refusing the jab and what would happen. I had a chat with him and he has not been approached about it yet.

As someone as rightly pointed out, to become a nurse you need a couple of jabs just to do your placement on wards. My Mrs had to have them at the beginning of her first year, 10 week placement, she just completed.

I'm in the camp where I won't judge anyone who gets/had one, and anyone that doesn't want one.

As long as I know within my self I am morally doing the right thing, that's all that matters.

It’s not meant as a criticism but there are certain times when that may not be enough and we need to respond as a community. Examples are war and pandemic.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Mandatory jabs bit of an issue here on NSC,could be interesting when the Non Jabbers are refused entry into a place let alone country ? I am not saying that i deny you the choice but should you not want it ok. So subjective.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't want the vaccine and I have accepted that I won't be travelling until next year now.

If my employer ever said a vaccine would be required to work there would be serious issues.

I think if you're working within the NHS and are at risk of contracting CV19, then maybe it is a good idea to protect yourself.
Of course IMO.
I had a family member pass away due CV19 and another contract it whilst working in the NHS, so I'm somewhat biased :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People like your eldest, ( a nurse preumably?), deserve a hell of a lot more credit than they have been given in my opinion. From what l can gather, those early days in the makeshift Covid wards, were little short of horrific.
The actual work - if not the volume - was kind of 'normal' in terms of acute care (of the elderly in my eldests case as she was a DME Nurse), but the associated risk to staff (or at least at the time) didn't seem normal......particularly with ineffective and/or inadequate PPE. They don't usually risk getting sick, potentially life-threateningly, from their patients

Absolute ****ing heroes, all of them.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Agreed, it's all about risk at the end of the day.

If I worked for the NHS I'd 100% get one, wouldn't even need convincing.

If I was over 50 or had underlying health conditions, I'd 100% get one, wouldn't even need convincing.

In fact I'm surprised that NHS workers aren't closer to 100% already voluntarily.

We've just come back from a week away in Norfolk, staying in a NT property, where our nearest neighbour was a few miles away, so no real contact with other humanoids.
It was only when we visited other NT properties, where the majority of the visitors (elderly) were not wearing masks in enclosed spaces, either that or they're hanging of chins or ears :rolleyes:
Obviously it's a matter of choice, but it does make you wonder.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This is not about people’s personal freedoms, it’s about people being paranoid.

For years you have had to be vaccinated against various diseases including but not exclusively, diphtheria, typhoid , yellow fever and even meningitis to travel to some destinations. I don’t believe these are just ‘advisory’ but are an entry requirement enforceable by law .
I have never heard anyone complain about this loss of personal freedom.

I say this as someone who has had to be vaccinated as a requirement to be employed in a certain job.

But no one forces you to travel to those destinations?

I am a firm believer in vaccination, but will vigorously argue against it being mandated. Perhaps in future employers should be allowed to demand vaccination as a condition of employment in specific sectors, but you should not be forced out of a job that you have already been doing for many years.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It sets a dangerous precedent if people are essentially forced to have jabs against their will.

There must be a better way to improve vaccination rates on a voluntary basis.

If people have not had the jab by now then they are not likely to take it without some extra 'encouragement'.

Surely its the complete opposite i.e. to not take measures to protect the vulnerable from a highly contagious and dangerous disease would set a real dangerous (health threatening) precedent.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think if you're working within the NHS and are at risk of contracting CV19, then maybe it is a good idea to protect yourself.
Of course IMO.
I had a family member pass away due CV19 and another contract it whilst working in the NHS, so I'm somewhat biased :thumbsup:

think you meant sensible rather than biased

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
im amazed some nurses go further and are anti-vaccination. very few i hope, honestly think they should be asked to leave the profession, not ready for modern medicine.

Not just nurses there is a doctor is Hastings who doesn't believe I'm the vaccinations or mask wearing. I believe he is currently banned for the local hospital. They shouldn't be asked to leave they should be fired.

My wife is a nurse, she's also volunteered to be part of the southampton booster trial, so had a third jab back in June. She went for her third blood test yesterday but still doesn't know what she was given, we are hoping it was one if three vaccines rather than the placebo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here