Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manchester United wage bill at record high

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Manchester United have announced a net loss of £115.5m for the 2021-22 season even though revenues rose by 18% to £583.2m.

Figures released incorporating the end of their financial year in June showed losses rose by £23.3m compared to 2021.

The club's debt also went up, from £419.5m in 2021 to £514.9m this year - an increase of more than 22%.

As a result of the signings last summer of the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane wages rose by 19.1%, a rise of £61.6m to £384.2m"

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think there are worse, personally. It's just that lot have been utterly stuffed by a pathetic fit and proper test that has manifested itself in an American chancer putting them into debt needlessly.

I also apportion some of the blame to Ole Purple Nose.

His constant bullying and ranting at officials during their successful period manifested itself in the arrogant behaviour of fans and future players.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I imagine pretty much every PL club are paying record high wages compared to what they've paid earlier. That has sort of been the general development for a pretty long time.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Their major issue is that they can’t clear out non first team players who are on over inflated wages.
They seem very poorly run from a financial perspective and now to the demands of new managers wanting their target players in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In fees they’ve spent 4x net that of clubs who’ve won the lot. Even more than Citeh, Chelsea and Arsenal.

F8A29B57-54C0-4F72-BC03-1330286F465F.png
7659C0D7-5474-44B5-8568-7A8B8C1C6620.png

Yet Gary Neville blames the lack of silverware on the thieving Glazer’s.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Horrible club. Arrogant fans. Arrogant players. The longer they spend in the relative wilderness, the better.

Ferguson spent over a decade buying the best players, bullying officials and carrying on like the entire PL was under his foot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you a dullard clone :wink:

After they made the dullard, they threw away the mould(y old box he came in, and all the cellophane wrapping). ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What would you rather, more threads about Burt's big whoppers?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

And let's not forget our need to singe another striker.

To be fair to [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION], he was paying you a backhanded compliment, as well you know, you little tinker :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I honestly don’t give a shit

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
OGS, the 'Legend' of MUFC and gives his all for the club, got a £10,000,000 pay off for being shit and getting sacked 6 months into a 3 year contract.

Ragneck beat him with a £18,000,000 payout.

Insane. That club (and probably most top PL clubs tbh) throw money about like confetti at your favorite daughters wedding.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
17:15, BBC1 Weekdays from the serial thread starter

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
In fees they’ve spent 4x net that of clubs who’ve won the lot. Even more than Citeh, Chelsea and Arsenal.

View attachment 152075
View attachment 152076

Yet Gary Neville blames the lack of silverware on the thieving Glazer’s.

So not only do they have a ludicrously high wage bill they're down 1.26 billion pounds on transfer expenditure?

I have little doubt that the Glazer's are anything but poor owners but with the incompetency of how the club is being run imagine what those figures - both wages and transfers - would be like if they weren't taking money out of the club but spunking it on players and wages too!

I really, really dislike man utd. Not just for the saturation press coverage they get day in day out, year in year out despite being relatively meaningless in sporting terms for a decade but for the bazillions of arrogant plastics that 'support' them and the tsunami of entitlement that comes with them. There was barely a peep(bar the small percentage who broke away and formed FCUM) from them about the Glazers while they were still winning wheelbarrows full of trophies. Now they're a bit mediocre they all start whinging. Pricks, the lot of them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So not only do they have a ludicrously high wage bill they're down 1.26 billion pounds on transfer expenditure?

I have little doubt that the Glazer's are anything but poor owners but with the incompetency of how the club is being run imagine what those figures - both wages and transfers - would be like if they weren't taking money out of the club but spunking it on players and wages too!

I really, really dislike man utd. Not just for the saturation press coverage they get day in day out, year in year out despite being relatively meaningless in sporting terms for a decade but for the bazillions of arrogant plastics that 'support' them and the tsunami of entitlement that comes with them. There was barely a peep(bar the small percentage who broke away and formed FCUM) from them about the Glazers while they were still winning wheelbarrows full of trophies. Now they're a bit mediocre they all start whinging. Pricks, the lot of them.

Genuinely, we’re started to see blokes wearing Newcastle club tops around Brighton.

Before the Saudis took over, never, except when NUFC visited.

Newbie plastics who switched clubs, or emboldened fans who previously had kept it quiet for decades? Either way, predictable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here