Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Matey at 7:42 thinks United are playing FULHAM :lolol:

I don't understand why you would watch these goons live instead of the actual game. I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the comedy value for us watching it, but if you're a United fan? Why?

That's the question going through my mind as I watch this. One of the weirder by-products of the digital age. Funny, yes, but also rather dispiriting.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Put the ball in the net then worry about if it was offside or not will be high on the list of game analyzing I suspect,Welbeck was half a yard onside when clean through on goal,linesman flagged so he stopped and picked up the ball! Sounds a bit harsh to critique after a performance like that but a clear chance to put the game to bed never materialised when it actually should of.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Put the ball in the net then worry about if it was offside or not will be high on the list of game analyzing I suspect,Welbeck was half a yard onside when clean through on goal,linesman flagged so he stopped and picked up the ball! Sounds a bit harsh to critique after a performance like that but a clear chance to put the game to bed never materialised when it actually should of.

Ref blew though didn’t he ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just watching a few of the Man Utd comments on youtube and one of the funniest has to be :

"McTominay is about as useful as an ejector seat in a helicopter"

Well, it made me laugh.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ref blew though didn’t he ?

The point is that the linesman should have kept his flag down because it was very marginal and then rely on VAR to establish if he was offside if a goal was scored. Similar thing happened when Utd broke and the flag was kept down for some time before eventually being raised as the attack fizzled out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The point is that the linesman should have kept his flag down because it was very marginal and then rely on VAR to establish if he was offside if a goal was scored. Similar thing happened when Utd broke and the flag was kept down for some time before eventually being raised as the attack fizzled out.

I was replying to the comment that Welbeck should have carried on and knocked it in the net. Once the ref has blown there is no point.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Just a thought about the game against ManU. It seemed that we changed tactics for this game, as to me most of the time Sanchez had the ball, he kicked long to Welbeck, not playing out from the back as we normally do. He had probably been told that Maguire and Martinez and the rest of their defence are crap 'so hit it long'. It certainly worked a treat.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I am still bloody livid now about the penalty decision and the decision not to send McTominay. Thank **** we got the result in the end or I'm not sure I'd be capable of functioning as a human due to the sheer rage. The very definition of playing against 12 men. Good job we have players with balls of steel that could see it through.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just a thought about the game against ManU. It seemed that we changed tactics for this game, as to me most of the time Sanchez had the ball, he kicked long to Welbeck, not playing out from the back as we normally do. He had probably been told that Maguire and Martinez and the rest of their defence are crap 'so hit it long'. It certainly worked a treat.

[tweet]1557112584414830600[/tweet]

With examples of how we switched.
https://twitter.com/TalkinTactics/status/1557112584414830600

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Don’t know his full name, but he’s JJ - joined Tifo maybe a year ago. Quite amusing and very knowledgeable - worth listening to the Tifo podcast which he’s on, most weeks.

A good watch. When you see and hear it analysed like that it makes you appreciate how good Potter is but, by the same measure, just how clueless Ten Hag is. If I was a Man Utd fan I would be worried. Will he be able to cope with the gulf in pace, quality and skill between the EPL and the Dutch league? Nine games left :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here