Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Graham Potter speaking to Sky Sports:

“It was a great performance and a deserved win. A great way to start."

"I thought we had an idea of how to attack and when we could we tried to press and put them under pressure."

"We were positive, brave and the boys gave everything. Our performance in the first-half was really strong."

"I’ve not seen it back but the guys seem to think there was a chance of it [a penalty]. We can’t complain too much, we had enough of them on our side today."

"They are going to put you under pressure we had chances to attack better and make it three but we were able to stick in there at the end. It’s a nice start for us."

"It’s not easy [losing Yves Bissouma and Marc Cucurella] because as the transfer fees suggests they were two really key players. In any team you miss good players."

"We have got a good group, they are ambitious they are not perfect but they give everything and when you’re a coach it gives you a chance."

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
5B01675D-49AD-4ACB-8328-6AF075746C0D.png

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Great performance and great result. The stand-out for me was the second goal - a real thing of beauty that I will enjoy watching again and again.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
After finally winning at Old Trafford, what’s left on the top teams BHA yet to do tick list...just winning at Stamford Bridge?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Brilliant first half, brilliant first half of the second half and ground out the final 20 mins; lovely stuff.

Thought Caicedo was exceptional, albeit tired towards the end. Welbeck put in a massive shift. Everyone, at least an 8.

The officials though stand out despite the result, so incredibly inconsistent that they were consistently absolute shitehouser, mainly in Man Utd favour, but not always.

Oh, and that confirmed, once more that slabhead is stealing a living!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Just read on BBC site "I know Ericson kept Brentford up last season but he's got his work cut out this time!"
Made me laugh.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
BREAKING NEWS.

Paul Tierney, after consultation with VAR officials and MUFC staff has awarded a late penalty to Manchester United in the 347th minute.

Ronaldo will score it. ( if he doesn’t, it will be retaken til he does)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those of you who've taken against Twitter you really are missing out.

[tweet]1556277330057859072[/tweet]

There's a awful lot to love on there, at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here