Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Total one-sided bull crap from Sky though and now we will have to listen to 20 mins of how Man Unt lost the game and not how Brighton won it.

Tune in to Radio Sussex instead.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
At the start of last season I think we’d have drawn that. We’ve learnt how to close games out which is a huge positive.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
What a result, despite the refs best efforts! Shocking officiating

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
At the start of last season I think we’d have drawn that. We’ve learnt how to close games out which is a huge positive.

BUT with 30 secs to go we launch it would have been better for some possession play.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
“If Caicedo was in that United team that goal doesn’t happen’.

Reverse praise but I like it. Pascal Gross - not a bad decision to hold onto him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A good win, but let's face it, if you want to survive in the Premier League you really should be beating teams like Manchester United.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think it was fine not to give the penalty, that kind of connection happens all the time... also think it was fair to give McTominay a yellow rather than a red.

But Maguire constantly using his arms, pretty much slapping his opponents, for 90 minutes - so annoying to see him get away with it.

The early offside call on Welbeck was also ridicilous.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That was very impressive indeed. Our passing, movement and pressing were brilliant.

Shit ref.

It's one of life's mysteries how MUFC continue to be so poor given the talent they have.

Isn't it?

For most of the second half they had Eriksen, Fernandes, Ronaldo, Sancho and Rashford on the pitch and created...:shrug:

Surely Ten Hag will be able to get some kind of tune out of them if given time. For now though...

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Think it was fine not to give the penalty, that kind of connection happens all the time... also think it was fair to give McTominay a yellow rather than a red.

But Maguire constantly using his arms, pretty much slapping his opponents, for 90 minutes - so annoying to see him get away with it.

The early offside call on Welbeck was also ridicilous.

I think I agree with you Swanny. The refs have obviously been given a steer to allow a bit more physicality and contact, as we saw in the Euros. But that shouldn't extend to letting Maguire put two hands on Trossard's shoulders and pulling him back.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
****ing great result particularly given the inept officiating that favoured United, as per usual. Really really happy with the performance, particularly first half but also thought the defensive unit were solid in the second. Think we should move fast and offer Caicedo a new 6 year deal with an increased wage - superb talent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here