Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BHAFC132

Mar 17, 2019
Dealing with officials like this week in week out has to be my least favourite thing about football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to say it but Sanchez made a right balls up there

Incredible he ballsed up twice in 3 seconds. But reinforcements coming on now, we need to dig deep

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Mctominay should have been off first half, maguire deserves AT LEAST 4 yellows and Martinez lucky the blatant penalty wasn’t given else could have joined them.

But no of course not.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The goal was fine, just bad by Sanchez but the officiating bias is yet again insane. This game should have already been over with a redcard

And a penalty for the shove in the back on Welbeck.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
We are all camped back in our half and giving the ball away cheaply. Needs to change

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"This is Van De Beek's first PL appearance under the new manager"

No, really?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
98th Minute usually

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's been said that refs are raising the bar on how much contact is required for it to be a foul. On that basis, the penalty was the right call. Though I'm sure I've seen some "fouls" in this game that were less contact.

The handball - the 'any contact with the arm is an offence if it's the goal scorer' won't apply because it's a macallister own goal, so it goes to the standard judgement, and his arm is at his side.

Much like the penalty after the full time whistle, it is one of those technically correct decision that feel unjust.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ball comes off Sancho right in front of the lino, United throw. Classic.

Yes I noticed that. Shocking as lino is virtually on top of ball.

And the shove in the back was nailed on penalty. No attempt to play ball and our man DOES not go down too easily or theatrically :(

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I love how Maguire strolls around as if he's a great player, even though he's committed about 4 yellow card offences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here