Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When I look are the possible line ups from last season the comfort blanket players aren’t here anymore. Or in other words a lot of quality has walked out the door.
With GP suggesting no incomings are likely you have to have concerns about this season.
Where has GP suggested 'no incomings' ?

I'd be very surprised if there aren't 1 or 2 more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right, but my response was to Swansman’s comment where he highlights that Potter usually needs a game or two to figure out the opposing manager. Ten Haag can watch numerous videos of Potter’s Brighton with this crop of players.

Hopefully 10 Hags only watched videos from November to April.
While hopefully GPotts decides to show up all season.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I am playing cricket...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Where has GP suggested 'no incomings' ?

I'd be very surprised if there aren't 1 or 2 more.

Pretty sure it was said at the fans forum the other evening. Could just be playing the game as he knew Cucurella was going for big money

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Will be on BBC Radio Sussex, with the expanded JC alongside Warren, who'll already be worried about some of our new players' name pronunciations! :lolol:

It's all about the preparation. As along as he takes his teeth out and gets them to practice the names a few times, he'll be fine.

#warrenyoucandothis

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Just switched on Sky Sports and there's a programme about ten Hag, and specifically his time at Ajax by the look of it. A fair amount of Veltman (in the very nice BHA white and grey training top) talking about ten Hag's preferred methods/play, so hopefully Veltman has been spilling plenty of beans in training - although of course, how Ajax and Man Utd will play under him can and probably will be different.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Seems like a few of our supporters are going to have to start wearing big boy pants (comfort blankets wtf?) as we will sell one or two of our best players every season with the model being the previous buys out on loan and new potential signings fill the gaps. Caceido for Biss and pretty sure we will see a LB/LWB signing before the window shuts (maybe Colwill earmarked?). TBs plan got us here we have to trust at this point in the plan now. Let’s be honest if we can consolidate as a middish table club for a few years thats a huge step forward.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Where and what did he say ? (He didn’t)

Pretty sure either he or PB said they aren’t expecting more incomings. I don’t know the exact words or exactly when it was said and I’m not going to trawl through it to prove a point lol

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What ongoing transfers would they be? As much as the club would like it’s an agent/media driven market we would know about any possible links just like we have known about any other signing or outgoings.
GP isn’t stupid his latest comments reflect the fact he knows his squad is currently weaker than we finished last season with.

You said GP had said there would be “no incomings”. Curious to know - not what you think is going on inside his head - where he said that. That’s all.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Pretty sure either he or PB said they aren’t expecting more incomings. I don’t know the exact words or exactly when it was said and I’m not going to trawl through it to prove a point lol

GP said he’s happy with the squad. But also said things can change while the window is still open.

In his press conference btw.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Talksport seems to be sponsored by MUTV.

Kudos to the Albion fan who brought this point up on air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here