Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When I look are the possible line ups from last season the comfort blanket players aren’t here anymore. Or in other words a lot of quality has walked out the door.
With GP suggesting no incomings are likely you have to have concerns about this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I look are the possible line ups from last season the comfort blanket players aren’t here anymore. Or in other words a lot of quality has walked out the door.
With GP suggesting no incomings are likely you have to have concerns about this season.

You seem to positively thrive on having concerns about the Albion :smile:

I am off to find my bobble hat and wear it for today’s game, now where’s my clacker?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
GP also (based on memory rather than statistics, so I could be wrong) doesn't have a great record against new managers... he wants to know what they're doing and abuse weaknesses. A little worried United might stomp the boys today... wouldn't mind being wrong.

You've been smoking a pizza spliff again, I can tell:lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

GP has not suggested that has he. And is very careful about commenting on ongoing transfers.
I read this from GP this morning “it’s about what you do with the money and how we keep progressing —you have to use (a sale) as a way to recruit your next player and develop and grow your club.”

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
GP also (based on memory rather than statistics, so I could be wrong) doesn't have a great record against new managers... he wants to know what they're doing and abuse weaknesses. A little worried United might stomp the boys today... wouldn't mind being wrong.

*deep breath*

I agree.

I can see us getting run over today, an incomplete squad and no previous match ups against Ten Haag has me very worried.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
*deep breath*

I agree.

I can see us getting run over today, an incomplete squad and no previous match ups against Ten Haag has me very worried.

Shame GP can’t get access to footage of Ajax games from last season

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Bollox to statistics and our run of defeats against this lot, records are there to be broken and I have a funny feeling about this game. But then again it just might be the chicken Dhansak I had last night. Anyway, I'm living with the memory of last season and the soppy smile on Ronaldo's face as our 4th goal went in, be lovely to see that again.

:ascarf: :ascarf:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Difficult today. At 1:30 I'm likely to be sat in the garden on the sun lounger sipping the cold ones. Turn on the radio or amble inside for the TV.
It's summer and I'm just not into it yet.
Although come 1:29 reckon I will be.
Noticed live commentary on their website, is this free to the world or UK only?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Shame GP can’t get access to footage of Ajax games from last season

So he’s playing the exact same formations is he?
I just thought that with it being a completely different league, with a far higher standard of opposition and an entirely different squad of players it might not be that easy to predict what he’s going to do.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So he’s playing the exact same formations is he?
I just thought that with it being a completely different league, with a far higher standard of opposition and an entirely different squad of players it might not be that easy to predict what he’s going to do.

I have no idea but on the other side of the coin he’s never played against a team managed by GP who is pretty experienced in this division now :smile:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
GP has not suggested that has he. And is very careful about commenting on ongoing transfers.
I read this from GP this morning “it’s about what you do with the money and how we keep progressing —you have to use (a sale) as a way to recruit your next player and develop and grow your club.”
What ongoing transfers would they be? As much as the club would like it’s an agent/media driven market we would know about any possible links just like we have known about any other signing or outgoings.
GP isn’t stupid his latest comments reflect the fact he knows his squad is currently weaker than we finished last season with.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Difficult today. At 1:30 I'm likely to be sat in the garden on the sun lounger sipping the cold ones. Turn on the radio or amble inside for the TV.
It's summer and I'm just not into it yet.
Although come 1:29 reckon I will be.
Noticed live commentary on their website, is this free to the world or UK only?
Will be on BBC Radio Sussex, with the expanded JC alongside Warren, who'll already be worried about some of our new players' name pronunciations! :lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Cucurella hadn't even played for us at the beginning of last season - so he was hardly a 'comfort blanket'. Bissouma has a replacement or two.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have no idea but on the other side of the coin he’s never played against a team managed by GP who is pretty experienced in this division now :smile:

Right, but my response was to Swansman’s comment where he highlights that Potter usually needs a game or two to figure out the opposing manager. Ten Haag can watch numerous videos of Potter’s Brighton with this crop of players.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Which players are they?

Bissouma.

I find it unlikely that in the first game of the season(that he played) you thought Cucurella was a 'comfort blanket' and nor do I believe that you thought Burn was. Burn's reputation was Burn-ished by that purple patch he had just before he left.

What other players have left that you'd consider a comfort blanket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here