Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The VAR official was the one who referred it to the ref, so he is very much involved. The ref may have the first and final decision, but it is very rare these days for a ref not to overturn his original decision after a VAR referral. I stand by my original opinion - "incompetent" VAR and weak ref.

Exactly - plus if it’s anything like Hooper, he gave the ref his opinion….

I don’t think it was.a red due to Webbo being in the vicinity, but it is 50/50…

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Radio 5live have just said De Gea has been the best player on the pitch

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
FFS Welbeck

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of course there is frustration, that's completely normal, but some of the posts in this thread are way ott. It's as if we're losing 5-0 to Watford and in the bottom 3. These things sometimes happen.

Actually it happens a lot in fairness. Almost predictable. Hence the understandable frustration. Never mind. I stopped saying “one day” a long time ago because us and OT just ain’t meant to be. As tonight demonstrates ably!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The VAR official was the one who referred it to the ref, so he is very much involved. The ref may have the first and final decision, but it is very rare these days for a ref not to overturn his original decision after a VAR referral. I stand by my original opinion - "incompetent" VAR and weak ref.

Can't think of many - apart from that sort of 'evening decisions up' for March last year.

Why isn't Mctominay booked for stopping Cucurella taking the throw then throwing him away?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
50% possession despite being down to 10 men for 35 mins.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I don't think it's unreasonable to be a touch perplexed by the nature and speed of the capitulation here, regardless of who we're playing.

Is it really a capitulation? We've given away a sloppy goal and one of our defenders getting back up to speed after a long time out injured has made a bad decision. After that point we've shown battling qualities and hit the bar & had a few other chances. Like other games, if we had taken some of our good chances in the first half I suspect the reaction would have been less vociferous.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Biss hasnt looked happy or on it all game.wonder if something happened whilst he was away? Head turned maybe by someone?

Suspect he knows he’s in the shop window and is probably a little over stimulated. Looks trying he’s trying a bit too much.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Don't know if it's ever happened - probably has, but I've missed it - but I would just love to see a ref. go over to the monitor, take a good look at it and said 'No, f*ck it, I was right first time'.

What a chance for Welbeck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here