Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
What dirt has Gross got on Potter? He keeps his place no matter what. So strange seeing as his performances are never great and players for the future/resale could be sued like Alzate or Caicedo. He's been an amazing servant but would prefer someone else in there.

Come on lads. We can do this.

Of all our players, I would have thought he was the one that needed a rest!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Three points would be LOVELY, one point very good, zero points.. always acceptable against United. Nothing to lose here.

Hopefully they keep struggling but the unfortunate reality is that if they have a good day it will be very, very difficult.

Hoping for this eleven:

Sanchez

Veltman, Dunk, Webster

Lamptey, Bissouma, Lallana, Cucurella

Mac Allister

Maupay, Trossard

Should have figured Lamptey would start on the bench considering he played a full 90 just days ago. Arguably same for Lallana.

Oh well, it is a strong starting eleven anyway and Lamptey as a sub for the last 25-30 is pretty nice as well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I know the feeling. I find a look at the fixture list helps rein in my optimism. Including tonight we have 15 games left which include:
Man Utd (A) and (H)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (A)
Arsenal (A)
Spurs (A) and (H)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)

So that's 9 our remaining 15 games against teams currently above us in the table. That's a tough run of fixtures (or lots of opportunities to make up ground on the teams above us!).

On this year's form 8 of those 9 games are winnable.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The Gross haters can shut TFU now! He will be solid as always. If he gets in a footrace with Maguire I can only see one winner.

I was at Leicester away and he was a liability. Love him as an Albion player but he's gone. Biggest issue for me is he doesn't seem to have any fight or desire in him at the moment. Having him on the pitch is like having 10 men at the moment.

Edit: Will be happy to eat my words by the way, just think we have better options now and with Ali Mac in the team Gross isn't even there for set pieces.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sports journalists and GP seem to rate Gross’ considerably higher than quite a few Albion fans. Not a massive fan myself but we have been doing pretty well with Potter’s squad choices during games

I am more worried about whether I’ll get a working stream tonight :smile:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sports journalists and GP seem to rate Gross’ considerably higher than quite a few Albion fans. Not a massive fan myself but we have been doing pretty well with Potter’s squad choices during games

I am more worried about whether I’ll get a working stream tonight :smile:

Started in 4 of our 7 game unbeaten PL run :shrug:

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
What dirt has Gross got on Potter? He keeps his place no matter what. So strange seeing as his performances are never great and players for the future/resale could be sued like Alzate or Caicedo. He's been an amazing servant but would prefer someone else in there.

Come on lads. We can do this.

Very disrespectful to Gross and Potter to suggest that. Think I'll trust Graham to have a better idea how to set up a team to play at Old Trafford.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Gross haters can shut TFU now! He will be solid as always. If he gets in a footrace with Maguire I can only see one winner.
No proper Brighton fan "hates" Gross. Some are just wondering if he's too slow for a game like this. It's fair enough to hold that view.

Personally I wouldn't have started him, but it really wouldn't surprise me if Potter has out thought his opposite number again and Gross plays an absolute blinder.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This. The ignorant plums :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No proper Brighton fan "hates" Gross. Some are just wondering if he's too slow for a game like this. It's fair enough to hold that view.

Personally I wouldn't have started him, but it really wouldn't surprise me if Potter has out thought his opposite number again and Gross plays an absolute blinder.

This is so true.

He is still capable of having an absolute stormer at this level. Whether he does is down to GP's reading of the game ???

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not hopeful simply because we never quite manage to meet Utd on a bad day at OT even when we play exceptionally well. One of those places Brighton just never win unlike the Leicesters, West Brom’s, QPRs of this world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here