Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Just a shame we couldnt keep a clean sheet until half-time.. would have forced Man Utd to attack, and they are not that good when they dominate possession. Unfortunately having to chase the game just plays into the style of play they are most potent at, counter-attacking. The full-back positions are our undoing against pace.. we need Barnardo back, and a stronger "all-round" full back than Montoya. OK against the lesser teams, but I think leicester will be licking their lips..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] called it right for me. They have loads of pace. We don’t have much. James and Rashford won’t be pressing us every week.

Forget it and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Going four at the back to crowbar Duffy in cost us. Should have stuck with the system and I think we might have nicked something.

We were VERY LUCKY not to be humiliated today.

We've been playing 4 at the back for the last month...:shrug:???

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
That was a very frustrating watch. We allowed the commentators to sing the praises of some very ordinary players. Am I watching with blue and white specs? absolutely, but Untied are going to be just that this season if teams play like that against them.
Positives?
I got the score right, but I thought it would be a good footballing game

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
According to [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] he is. I think a few know him in the North Stand as well.

He’s not Palace. He’s just a miserable bellend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No true Brighton fan would be happy in a Brighton defeat and wind up and troll other posters unless they are a bit special

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Oh. We lost away to Manchester United. Shit. #PotterOut

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Glad I didn’t go, awful ground, horrible “locals”, and apart from a few draws, which I was there for we never get any joy.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Little bit of reality today outplayed a fair bit and really played into united hands making it so open. Was defiantly some luck to united opening 2 goals but we have also been poor on the ball for one of the few times this year. Personally for me doesn’t take away from a positive opening number of months under potter and it’s disappointing that so called supporters feel a need to dig at the team and petty points score because we have lost a game when we should be trying to embrace the change and enjoy the football as not everything happens over night and I’m really happy how potter in general has them playing.
Tough game next especially without dunk and Webster. Not sure how burn and Duffy will be up against Vardy Maddison and company. But onwards and upwards none the less

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
United absolutely had one of their best games this season while this was one of the worse Brighton performances.

I think Burn is pretty good and that we have few options on that position, but I never want to see him playing vs James again; the intention of our lineup today was to dominate the game and force United to play it high & long so that our defenders wouldnt deal with their attackers on ground level, where we would quite obviously get stomped. Didnt work out today.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bright points after that performance from today ?

Maybe one of the mods will ban that stupid f***er again :glare:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That was a very frustrating watch. We allowed the commentators to sing the praises of some very ordinary players. Am I watching with blue and white specs? absolutely, but Untied are going to be just that this season if teams play like that against them.
Positives?
I got the score right, but I thought it would be a good footballing game

They were pretty damn good if you take the specs off. Rashford, James, wan-bissaka, Maguire, mctominay. I was impressed by them. Play same style at us, but with way more pace and better control. Good side

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
3-1 was a good result really . . . . could have been 6 or 7.

Manure just sooo much faster than us and we started with the wrong line up to contain and control, should have stuck to what we did the last few weeks. Asides a shit load of bookings, no real harm done.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Played off the park. That should have been 6 or 7 to Utd. Utterly abysmal performance .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Wasn't a good performance today, but not a terrible one either.

Quite simply, beaten by the better team.

Onwards and upwards.

Sounds very much this. United had 23 shots to our 6. They have hit a bit of form and we didn't play as well as we could have. Move on and try to be competitive against an in form Leicester or we could get blown away. I think we may give them a game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Some shocking performances against a very ordinary side.

They were fortunate early on but we just couldn't seem to recover and our passing was atrocious.

Alzate also needs to learn it's not the best idea attempting a nutmeg instead of a cross or simple pass when you're chasing a game and comitting bodies forward.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought we huffed and puffed without much end product. We possibly had more possession without creating anything really. Lack of options in certain areas really apparent today. Thought Maupay was poor and Montoya out of his depth plus a flat back four was a mistake with the pace of James and Rashford. It was a free hit but disappointing not to show a bit more...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here