Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If we try and constantly play out from the back against this lot, it's very possible we could actually lose this one. (You heard it here first) If we mix it up a bit though, we're still f***ed. UTA!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd like to see us put up a fight. I don't expect us to get anything but at least look like they're up for the challenge. Too often recently we haven't looked arsed.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Every other big 6 side, even if we haven't beaten them, we've been in the game with them in our time in the Prem.

City have smashed us out of sight in every single fixture.

If we can get through this, with a narrow defeat, some decent moments, maybe a goal, no further injuries, a couple of fringe players enhancing their claims and a few key players rested, it won't be a bad evening's work.

It would be great to get Alzate back in if we can, also Lallana, even if just from the bench.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Perusing the Newport game match thread comments it's probably for the best that people wear a tin hat for this one .

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Playing man city, never beat them in the league away....check
Playing in January, when we've never won......check
Playing on a Wednesday, when we've never won....check
Yeah, not holding my breath the luck gods are with us

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What is the biggest margin of victory/defeat in PL history? Just wondering.

:lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We will be lucky to score 0.

Potter in/out shake it all about

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I am going to ease into the game with a pre match warm up of Ronnie o`sullivan at 1-00pm , whilst enjoying copious amounts of Magners . Followed by heavy depression and Sri lanka v England in the early hours of Thursday morning .

My only genuine worry is the lads are starting to look like they havn`t got their hearts in it anymore , please let me be wrong .

:albion2:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Obviously another must win game or we sack everyone and if anyone is left we sack them, but not including the Lion or Tony :rolleyes:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Every other big 6 side, even if we haven't beaten them, we've been in the game with them in our time in the Prem.

City have smashed us out of sight in every single fixture.

If we can get through this, with a narrow defeat, some decent moments, maybe a goal, no further injuries, a couple of fringe players enhancing their claims and a few key players rested, it won't be a bad evening's work.

It would be great to get Alzate back in if we can, also Lallana, even if just from the bench.

I’d normally be happy to see Lallana back too, but given that once he plays one half he’s out for a couple of games ... I’d sooner keep him for Leeds or Fulham.

Go there and defend and we will be mauled alive, Go there and attack and play open expensive possession football and we will be mauled alive.....

.. :eek:

Yeah probably worst thing we could do is score in the first ten minutes - would probably lose 5-1 if thats happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here