Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Palace get away with it yet again, everything going their way at the moment.
But yet again they were crap, at home, against a very very poor Villa, who decided to defend and park the bus against Crystal Palace!
In my opinion, both worse than Brighton.

D

Deleted member 2719

The stats show a massive improvement on this game last year it's just City were more clinical this year.

Today's match first.
They had 28 shots last year and just 15 this year and those possession figures are out of this world against them compared to last year.

Attachments

• MC V BHA 2019.PNG
    MC V BHA 2019.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 430
  • MC V BHA 2018.PNG
    MC V BHA 2018.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 431

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My worry is that we're not scoring goals. Possession and passing well is all very nice but we need points. Obviously we weren't going to get anything today but I don't understand why Duffy was dropped.
We've played City in the last two years & kept it to 1-0 and 2-0.

And were absolutey dire to watch in those games. This was better, they are just on a different level. We are still learning the new system but it’s clear we’re progressing. The goals will come, we’ve not had a lot of luck in the home games so far but that will change. I’m confident we will tear apart some teams this season.

And as for Duffy, I’d say this will be our first choice back 3 from here on. Webster was very good and far more comfortable on the ball than Duffy which you have to be in this system now.

I’m very positive about the future. We’re already far more entertaining to watch than last season’s dirge and that’s the hardest game of the season already out of the way. Onwards and upwards.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are going down!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Palace get away with it yet again, everything going their way at the moment.
But yet again they were crap, at home, against a very very poor Villa, who decided to defend and park the bus against Crystal Palace!
In my opinion, both worse than Brighton.

After they went down to 10 men Villa brought on a striker.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Are you guys happy with Webster's performance? I personally would like to see Duffy back in the starting 11 again.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Trossard got hurt and had to go off.

Remains to be seen if it's just a knock.
At 70 minutes in a losing cause, he'd probably be a candidate for beign subbed off anyways.

He wasn't stretchered off or anything...

We will see...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any threads on the amount of chances we missed yet? Locadia had his own by now last week for his 1 (offside) chance [emoji6]

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I'm not happy that we lost 4-0 but I'm not unhappy with how we played. We play football but we're not able to buy 50m+ players so I don't expect us to compete with the likes of M.C. Good on Potter for having a go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And were absolutey dire to watch in those games. This was better, they are just on a different level. We are still learning the new system but it’s clear we’re progressing. The goals will come, we’ve not had a lot of luck in the home games so far but that will change. I’m confident we will tear apart some teams this season.

And as for Duffy, I’d say this will be our first choice back 3 from here on. Webster was very good and far more comfortable on the ball than Duffy which you have to be in this system now.

I’m very positive about the future. We’re already far more entertaining to watch than last season’s dirge and that’s the hardest game of the season already out of the way. Onwards and upwards.

How will the goals come? We managed two goals against Rovers but still had to battle to do it. That was Murray & Connelly, not our new signings.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are finding our place rather quickly!

Bring back hughton!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here